Glove wear?

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've started to notice a little bit of wear on my golf glove and I was wondering if anyone else has wear on their gloves? Also is it usually a fault with the grip and can wear in different places mean different things?

My glove is wearing on the lower part of my thumb and I noticed it after 2 rounds with a new glove.

Any thoughts?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes - it generally indicates swing flaws

these can be grip related, or swing issues creating problems that even a good grip can't hold together

thumb tends to relate to your position at the top, and transition - but these are related to shoulder turn, wrist break etc etc etc

put another way, what's happening and what's causing it could have many causes - see a pro

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes there is a fault somewhere. Should not get any wear on your glove. I have gloves that are 8 yrs old with no wear on them.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yes there is a fault somewhere. Should not get any wear on your glove. I have gloves that are 8 yrs old with no wear on them.

How do you manage to play in these Dave? :whoo:

Suede-Rigger_cut_HR.jpg

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
On a more relevant note.

I have noticed some wear on my gloves, specifically at the bottom of the hand in line with my little (pinky) finger.

I think I know what it is, but may throw it out to the forum if it plays on my mind.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
On a more relevant note.

I have noticed some wear on my gloves, specifically at the bottom of the hand in line with my little (pinky) finger.

I think I know what it is, but may throw it out to the forum if it plays on my mind.

When you say at the bottom. Do you mean near the pad of your hand? If so you are holding the club to much in the palm rather than the fingers.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've started to notice a little bit of wear on my golf glove and I was wondering if anyone else has wear on their gloves? Also is it usually a fault with the grip and can wear in different places mean different things?

My glove is wearing on the lower part of my thumb and I noticed it after 2 rounds with a new glove.

Any thoughts?

Your thumb will be moving around, probably at the top of your backswing. This will have the effect of allowing the hands to separate and the club will become lose in your grip.

The problem is often caused by your left thumb being pushed out straight in the grip and not making a solid bind on the club. You will read this in articles as a 'long thumb' When you take your grip pull your left thumb back a little, it will then lock create a better hold on the clubshaft. This is known as a 'short thumb' if you read up on it.

Here is a link to a short explanation: http://www.golftoday.co.uk/proshop/features/short_thumb_grip.html