Glastonbury

D

Deleted member 16999

It was because he was planning on spiking all the beer with a Communist Trotsky mind drug he'd imported from Russia who manufactured it back in the 30s. What the drug does is make everyone who takes it take leave of their senses, forget that in the 1970s labour screwed up the economy, and they vote for labour. It is a pretty powerful drug and the only antidote to it is to read the reader comments on the stories on The Daily Mail web site.

Anyway, last year the right wing press got hold of the story, found out that it was all being facilitated by the BBC who were in on it, and he had to cancel. However what with everything that has been going on recently in the news distracting everyone, he managed to sneak in this year and made his speech pointing out the bourgeoisie has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties that bound man to his 'natural superiors,' and has left remaining no other nexus between man and man than naked self-interest, callous 'cash payment'. He then released the drug and boom, instant labour voters.
Cheers, I knew there was a simple explanation :thup:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well done once again to SR for making a thread about a music festival into another thread full of policitial point scoring and nonsense- congrats ruined another thread
You don't have to read my posts, why not put me on ignore if they bother you
Or! Maybe you just can't resist them really xx

D

Deleted member 15344

Mr Blobby went to number 1...

Yep and many other one hit wonders have

But Ed Sheehan has had 3 studi albums

All three have got to number one worldwide - gone platinum many times over with nearly 20 million combined album sales

Singles continuously going to number one and constantly going Platinum

He has won grammys , bits , Ivor Novello , MTV plus many other awards for both recording and song writing

People may not like his music but it's quite clear that he is both very talented and a worldwide star

D

Deleted member 15344

You don't have to read my posts, why not put me on ignore if they bother you
Or! Maybe you just can't resist them really xx

I came onto this thread to read about Glastonbury and the artists and performances and all you have done is flood the thread with posts about politics - people avoided the political threads because of it but now you are migrating onto other thread to continue the crusade. If you wanted to drivel on about a politician at a music festival then create a separate thread so that everyone can avoid it as opposed to plastering it all over this one.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why not talk about the music which is what Glastonbury is fundamentally about rather bringing politics (again) into another thread that then descends into an argument.

MUSIC - Jamie Cullen I thought was fantastic, loads of energy and got the place going. Killers were fantastic too. Would like to hear some of the dj sets, Goldie apparently played an old school set in one of the tents. Funny seeing the crowds reaction to people like Shaggy too!! :confused:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

All three have got to number one worldwide - gone platinum many times over with nearly 20 million combined album sales

He has won grammys , bits , Ivor Novello , MTV plus many other awards for both recording and song writing

People may not like his music but it's quite clear that he is both very talented and a worldwide star

Neither record sales nor awards won mean anything. The mean nada, nowt, zip and hee haw.

He is absolutely guff. Totally rank. Wet lettuce crooning and some shoddy guitar work.

Each to there own though I suppose.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

This!

I am not a fan of his music in that i dont like stuff like that, but hes amazingly talented and seems humble in it.

My only issue with Ed is that, there are 100s of people doing stuff like him in city centres busking or performing in pubs in the evening that have just not got the break he has. But life is all about getting breaks and running with them.

for someone to say 'hes everything that is wrong with music' is clueless. if anything, hes everything that is RIGHT about music.

D

Deleted member 15344

Neither record sales nor awards won mean anything. The mean nada, nowt, zip and hee haw.

He is absolutely guff. Totally rank. Wet lettuce crooning and some shoddy guitar work.

Thats the beauty of music - there is no such thing as bad music just someone having a different taste - Ed Sheerans record sales whilst you believe they mean nothing show that globally there are millions that believe his music tonne worth buying and listening too. Right now it's hard to find someone who is a big a success as he is around the world. Facts back that up

D

Deleted member 16999

I came onto this thread to read about Glastonbury and the artists and performances and all you have done is flood the thread with posts about politics - people avoided the political threads because of it but now you are migrating onto other thread to continue the crusade. If you wanted to drivel on about a politician at a music festival then create a separate thread so that everyone can avoid it as opposed to plastering it all over this one.
Then rather getting into a game of post tennis, why not agree to disagree and try to educate him, a post is a post is a post. :thup:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Didn't you once say that Kanye West a Z list celebrity?

I suppose that's different tho because you don't like Kanye 🙄

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not my cup of tea in any sense, all too false and surgically enhanced, but I was meaning purely in terms of personality and way of life. At least if you are with her you always have somewhere to rest your pint :cheers:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Not my cup of tea in any sense, all too false and surgically enhanced, but I was meaning purely in terms of personality and way of life. At least if you are with her you always have somewhere to rest your pint :cheers:

😂😂😂
She wouldn't entertain a bloke that sups pints.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You're obviously trolling. I appreciate that people may not like some of his songs, but he is an incredibly talented musician. Playing the pyramid stage on his own with an acoustic guitar and a looping pedal to lay down tracks and build a song in real time takes some doing

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You're obviously trolling. I appreciate that people may not like some of his songs, but he is an incredibly talented musician. Playing the pyramid stage on his own with an acoustic guitar and a looping pedal to lay down tracks and build a song in real time takes some doing

I've seen people sat outside of Greggs do that tbh.
Not trolling,just saying it how I see it.
The Ed Sheeran song with the puppets in the video is as bad as music gets.
But he obviously appeals to some,just like Justin Beiber.