Glastonbury

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I think they should have lots more diverse, eclectic, alternative and boundary pushing acts on like you see in the 'What are you listening to' thread' on this forum...

D

Deleted member 1740

I got home from woodhall spa late last night so I cracked a few beers open and watched the recording of Glasto yesterday, Kaiser chiefs were ok but I thought Liam Gallagher was immense.

As a massive Oasis fan he's certainly back to his best. There's no better front man in music than him.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Katy Perry was horrendous (nice frame tho).
Ed Sheeran is everything that is wrong with current music.
Liam Gallagher smashed it.
As you were

D

Deleted member 15344

Glastonbury is always superb - been once when Coldplay headlined and it was brilliant - they are class live , always many different bands and acts on the various stages - no idea why it's suggested it's now main stream - it's always had top acts going for a long time now. Have the latest on record and will watch it when feeing the little lady during the night - looking forward to watching Ed Sheeran who is superb live

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Glastonbury is always superb - been once when Coldplay headlined and it was brilliant - they are class live , always many different bands and acts on the various stages - no idea why it's suggested it's now main stream - it's always had top acts going for a long time now. Have the latest on record and will watch it when feeing the little lady during the night - looking forward to watching Ed Sheeran who is superb live

I suspect Ed may give you a nice big heart warming cuddle.
Blooming marvellous.

D

Deleted member 1740

I've never seen Coldplay Live but the few times I've seen them on the telly they've always put a proper show on. I'll definitely be making an effort to see them next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

I've never seen Coldplay Live but the few times I've seen them on the telly they've always put a proper show on. I'll definitely be making an effort to see them next year.

Seen them 4 times now and every single time the show is brilliant - always make sure it's a spectacle and it's not just them sitting there singing. One of the best bands I have seen live.

D

Deleted member 1740

Seen them 4 times now and every single time the show is brilliant - always make sure it's a spectacle and it's not just them sitting there singing. One of the best bands I have seen live.

I'm not a massive fan of thier music, maybe I'll give them another listen.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Katy Perry was horrendous (nice frame tho).
Ed Sheeran is everything that is wrong with current music.
Liam Gallagher smashed it.
As you were

Katy Perry proved at the Manchester concert that she can't sing live so no surprise there.

What offends you about Ed? Writes his own stuff, plays an instrument, sings live regularly. Not a reality singer, a proper musician. You might not like his music but there are a huge number of acts ahead of him in the "everything that's wrong with current music" queue.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
Don't think Corbyn should have been anywhere near the place. Shame he was given stage time as it wasn't the time or place for politics. Let the music play

Politics has been a part of Glastonbury since at least 2010 when the Left Field stage was instigated. I think it's good to see young people getting motivated and involved irrespective of their political allegiances. Music and politics aren't exactly new bedfellows.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have never been. One thing that always comes up is the too mainstream comments, always find this hard to understand.

There are lots of differing stages offering lots of bands the opportunity to showcase alongside the big names.

The TV coverage will always show the 'big' names as the need the viewing figures to justify the cost of showing it live and giving up a large chunk of air time. People can always explore and listen to alternative music. Thing is not many people have heard of bands like DREADZONE and are unlikely to tune in to watch.

I thought the Foo Fighters were great, now watching Chic fantastic to see an band doing what they love.

I do think the politicians should be left out though.