Glastonbury

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never been but if you look at the full line up you'll find something for just about everyone on the other stages/area's. One of the managers at work has been going for over 20 years and very rarely goes anywhere near the main stage.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stop feeding him, every thread he posts on he tries to turn it into politics.
Corbyn turned it into politics, not me. I am saying Politicians should be kept away from Music Festivals, we hear enough of their drivel already. Also, I disagree with your comment. I do post political views on political threads, maybe you can show some proof where every thread I post on I turn into politics. I challenge you to prove your statement or take it back.

D

Deleted member 1740

Corbyn turned it into politics, not me. I am saying Politicians should be kept away from Music Festivals, we hear enough of their drivel already. Also, I disagree with your comment. I do post political views on political threads, maybe you can show some proof where every thread I post on I turn into politics. I challenge you to prove your statement or take it back.

All of your posts in this thread have been of political substance no?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thats a cop out. You suggested every thread I post on I turn into a political thread, as this is the thread you posted it on it's not relevant. I ask you again to prove that your statement is not a fabrication to undermine me. Or you can take it back.

D

Deleted member 16999

You're wrong about this though, Glastonbury has had a political slant on it for years, whether it was greenpeace or the green party or the labour party.

Politicians from different parties have been invited to Glastonbury to Left Field to address those who want to listen.

You're making out this year is somehow different, it's not, if you want to get bothered about it, blame the media for highlighting and showing Corbyn's appearance.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You're wrong about this though, Glastonbury has had a political slant on it for years, whether it was greenpeace or the green party or the labour party.

Politicians from different parties have been invited to Glastonbury to Left Field to address those who want to listen.

You're making out this year is somehow different, it's not, if you want to get bothered about it, blame the media for highlighting and showing Corbyn's appearance.
Has there ever been a PM or leader of the Opposition making a political speech before. If there has then I'll take it back.

D

Deleted member 16999

Has there ever been a PM or leader of the Opposition making a political speech before. If there has then I'll take it back.
Now your stand is PM or Opposition leader :confused:

Tony Benn, Ken Livingstone, Ed Miliband ( not as leader) have all attended and spoken, Corbyn turned down the invite last year.

Left Field has been there since 2002. Your main point was that music and politics shouldn't mix (thank god for Live Aid) is incorrect when discussing Glastonbury, whether we agree or disagree whether it should be is irrelevant, you're wrong on this one.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Now your stand is PM or Opposition leader :confused:

Tony Benn, Ken Livingstone, Ed Miliband ( not as leader) have all attended and spoken, Corbyn turned down the invite last year.

Left Field has been there since 2002. Your main point was that music and politics shouldn't mix (thank god for Live Aid) is incorrect when discussing Glastonbury, whether we agree or disagree whether it should be is irrelevant, you're wrong on this one.
Live Aid wasn't a Political campaign, it was a humanitarian one. You know as well as I that these speeches by Corbyn and McDonnell are not the same as previous people speaking.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stop feeding him, every thread he posts on he tries to turn it into politics.

Thats a cop out. You suggested every thread I post on I turn into a political thread, as this is the thread you posted it on it's not relevant. I ask you again to prove that your statement is not a fabrication to undermine me. Or you can take it back.
Im still waiting for your proof to back up your accusations. Please provide evidence or apologise.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well done once again to SR for making a thread about a music festival into another thread full of policitial point scoring and nonsense- congrats ruined another thread

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
mwaaa mwaaaa mwaaaa, it's not fair the nasty politicians turning up at festivals and being embraced and popular with young people and not needing a permanent ring of police officers around them everywhere they go as they are so unpopular like certain PMs seem to need at the moment, mwaaaa mwaaaaa mwaaaa.

Anyway, back to the music, I thought The XX were excellent and Radiohead absolutely smashed it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Live Aid wasn't a Political campaign, it was a humanitarian one. You know as well as I that these speeches by Corbyn and McDonnell are not the same as previous people speaking.
Seriously mate, let it go, you made a point about politicians at Glastonbury, I've shown you you're incorrect, I aint discussing the rights and wrongs of it, just the fact it's happened for years, he was actually meant to be there last year but didn't go for some reason.

As for Live Aid, it proved the power of music were politicians had failed and was another example in a long line of examples were music and politics entwine.

Have a look at the origins of "Rule Britannia" just to see how far back it goes.

D

Deleted member 15344

Radiohead were sensational to the point everything else I saw was completely underwhelming. Ed Sheeren was appallingly dull last night.

Radiohead are another group that I can appreciate the talent and ability of the music and song writing but just find them depressing and dull but clearly put on a great show.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Seriously mate, let it go, you made a point about politicians at Glastonbury, I've shown you you're incorrect, I aint discussing the rights and wrongs of it, just the fact it's happened for years, he was actually meant to be there last year but didn't go for some reason.

As for Live Aid, it proved the power of music were politicians had failed and was another example in a long line of examples were music and politics entwine.

Have a look at the origins of "Rule Britannia" just to see how far back it goes.

It was because he was planning on spiking all the beer with a Communist Trotsky mind drug he'd imported from Russia who manufactured it back in the 30s. What the drug does is make everyone who takes it take leave of their senses, forget that in the 1970s labour screwed up the economy, and they vote for labour. It is a pretty powerful drug and the only antidote to it is to read the reader comments on the stories on The Daily Mail web site.

Anyway, last year the right wing press got hold of the story, found out that it was all being facilitated by the BBC who were in on it, and he had to cancel. However what with everything that has been going on recently in the news distracting everyone, he managed to sneak in this year and made his speech pointing out the bourgeoisie has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties that bound man to his 'natural superiors,' and has left remaining no other nexus between man and man than naked self-interest, callous 'cash payment'. He then released the drug and boom, instant labour voters.