Glastonbury

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Neither record sales nor awards won mean anything. The mean nada, nowt, zip and hee haw.

He is absolutely guff. Totally rank. Wet lettuce crooning and some shoddy guitar work.

Each to there own though I suppose.

This ^^^^

Ed Sheeran has evolved into the Jamie Oliver of Popular Music,He'd release a version of Humpty Dumpty if it was thought it'd bring In a few million sales.

Its music for people who don't know what music they like. Stick it in the same bin as David Gray & The Lighthouse Family!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This ^^^^

Ed Sheeran has evolved into the Jamie Oliver of Popular Music,He'd release a version of Humpty Dumpty if it was thought it'd bring In a few million sales.

Its music for people who don't know what music they like. Stick it in the same bin as David Gray & The Lighthouse Family!!

Yep, there is some real rubbish being punted around recently.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
And this is why music is so brilliant, people perceive and enjoy such different things. Personally, I've been listening to Ed's stuff since he was 16 as I went to the same school as him, so I'm a big fan.

Listening to Liam Gallagher's set now, so so good. Liam is THE man.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I've seen people sat outside of Greggs do that tbh.
Not trolling,just saying it how I see it.
The Ed Sheeran song with the puppets in the video is as bad as music gets.
But he obviously appeals to some,just like Justin Beiber.

You did hear All For One by The Stone Roses didn't you? ;)

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm not suggesting he is the best at what he does, but just because other people can do it 'outside Greggs' doesn't devalue what he does.

I don't particularly like many of his songs, but he has such an eclectic range and has been writing songs since he was a teenager and made it as a musician. There are millions of musicians that never make it so he must be doing something right and considering he hardly fits the 'pop-star' mould it isn't down to his looks.

Whilst you may say his music is 'guff, totally rank, wet lettuce crooning' etc, as is your right to do so to deny he has talent or say he isn't good at what he does is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm not suggesting he is the best at what he does, but just because other people can do it 'outside Greggs' doesn't devalue what he does.

I don't particularly like many of his songs, but he has such an eclectic range and has been writing songs since he was a teenager and made it as a musician. There are millions of musicians that never make it so he must be doing something right and considering he hardly fits the 'pop-star' mould it isn't down to his looks.

Whilst you may say his music is 'guff, totally rank, wet lettuce crooning' etc, as is your right to do so to deny he has talent or say he isn't good at what he does is ridiculous.

Wow sorry for being rediculous.
I agree on one thing,he is very good at what he does,which is making money out of making bad music.
But if people like it then happy days.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow sorry for being rediculous.
I agree on one thing,he is very good at what he does,which is making money out of making bad music.
But if people like it then happy days.
Don't get your knickers in a twist. I didn't say you were being ridiculous, but saying he isn't talented is a ridiculous statement to make.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Don't get your knickers in a twist. I didn't say you were being ridiculous, but saying he isn't talented is a ridiculous statement to make.

No I'm sorry the damage as been done.
I'm very offended and you are now on my ignore list 😁

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The thing that annoys me most about Glastonbury is all the <expletive deleted> flags. I've never been there in person but I'm sure they're just as much a pain for those who aren't at the front of the crowd as they are for the TV viewers.

btw - loved the Foos!

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You've seen people outside of Greggs play to thousands of people while millions watch on TV?

D

Deleted member 15344

Just watched the Foos - just brilliant , as good as they were when i watched them at the Bowl 6 years ago now