Glad I am away working today

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Checked on the scores for last week's Club Championship (only missed out on a place despite playing awfully for what it matters) last night and while I was there noticed that the greens were virtually brown. The greenkeeping team have tined the greens with this weekends comp being the last of the qualifiers for the year.

I am over working in Evesham today, tomorrow and Monday and was a bit peeved off if Im honest as it was the last event to get a chance at another cut, since seeing the greens I have to say Im actually glad as it'd be a shoe-in .1 back.
This is the time of the year I wish our course was a little closer to the beach, anyone else got to that part of the year that the perfectly good greens get scarred ready for the winter?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours were done about three weeks ago, they cored, sanded then overseeded them and now are fantastic again. Should keep them great throughout the winter now the only problem was they were almost too quick with the wind today

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Ardglass had awesome greens yesterday. Pity the wind was stupid strong though. First time I have played it in the sunshine though.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
ours were done last week, and temp greens put in play. They had better be back on normal greens now though, or I might have to reconsider where I play golf next year... Temp greens in September is no frickin way acceptable....

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Even with the wind off the irish sea Ardglass is a fantastic place to be. Every year we get them in the Holt Shield, always make a point of getting down for a practice round too :D
Very few weak holes, 16th is the weakest in my opinion and is still a hard hole to get par at.
The first 12 holes are simply awesome and seems I am not alone in thinking this...
http://www.ardglassgolfclub.com/dsp_newsdetails.cfm/NK/93/nck/1

GM need to get a few guys over to review it I think.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ardglass has a great reputation, a crowd from our place go up a lot.
Must put it into my own map. You might even show me around Brendy.

Maybe an early front runner for next years meet Brendy? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Love the course and I used to live not far from Ardglass so love the people too - used to have loads of friends in the area - if you fancy a forum meet I will deffo be there.