GGG v Brook

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shouldn't be. Loads of fighters have broken their orbital bone or fractured their eye socket and recovered fine. Surgery and some time off and he'll be sorted. If he can come back from being stabbed with a machete, he'll come back from this.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Outclassed in every way. Linares just oozes class. No need for a rematch. More proof Joe Gallachers fighters can only fight one way

Yeah, agreed. Crolla's plan was to plough forward with a high guard and wear Linares down. Linares was lightning quick and very mobile. In a rematch, I think Crolla would be stopped in the mid rounds.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Old thread revived....Crolla v Linares II now.

Last time Linares was class. This time, and staying faithful to above post, I think Crolla will be stopped.

D

Deleted member 16999

Crolla was comprehensively school......even more than the first time.

Yet all the talk is of how brave Crolla was.

Not as knowledgeable as some on here, watched the fight last night and thought Linares was a different level, Crolla probably gets a lot of credit for continually moving forward and trying, you couldn't fault his effort.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not as knowledgeable as some on here, watched the fight last night and thought Linares was a different level, Crolla probably gets a lot of credit for continually moving forward and trying, you couldn't fault his effort.

Most boxers try when they're in the ring. You shouldn't be praised for that alone. I honestly think Linares is a few levels above Crolla, I thought that after the first fight to be fair. Not sure why there was actually a rematch.

I'm just glad a 3 weight world champion and future hall of fame fighter came over here and let us witness him in full flow. It was artistry at times.

D

Deleted member 16999

Most boxers try when they're in the ring. You shouldn't be praised for that alone. I honestly think Linares is a few levels above Crolla, I thought that after the first fight to be fair. Not sure why there was actually a rematch.

I'm just glad a 3 weight world champion and future hall of fame fighter came over here and let us witness him in full flow. It was artistry at times.
Understand what your saying, what I mean about his effort is that he tried to box him not just smother or stop Linares boxing, nothing worse to me than a boxer simply hugging the opponent every 15 seconds.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Linares speed was stunning. Made Crolla look like a slow, fat heavyweight. Crolla has gone as far as he can at this weight with limited ability. Looking at him last night, not sure if he can doing anything else at world level at another weight; he had no angles or variety, just a plough forward attitude. I believe his game plan was to close the gap and trade...except with a fighter that good, it never happened. Linares reminded me a bit of Mayweather last night.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Linares speed was stunning. Made Crolla look like a slow, fat heavyweight. Crolla has gone as far as he can at this weight with limited ability. Looking at him last night, not sure if he can doing anything else at world level at another weight; he had no angles or variety, just a plough forward attitude. I believe his game plan was to close the gap and trade...except with a fighter that good, it never happened. Linares reminded me a bit of Mayweather last night.

Sadly it's often the boxer with the wealthiest promoter that gets world title shots.

Hearn has already said he's going to manoeuvre him into an easy title shot. That side of the business makes me sick.