GGG v Brook

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brook took the punishment better than I thought he would be he inevitably got smashed up in the end.

GGG has said he wasn't as fast as Brook so was just gonna pummel him into bits

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought he won too. Came on strong in second half of fight.

True,it was close but I believe he and the commentators thought he started off too slow,however your right he came on strong late on.

I though Brook fought well but the weight jump looked like a step too far.

Do you think Eubank Junior would win? after last night I think it would be a cracker and I do think Junior would win.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
True,it was close but I believe he and the commentators thought he started off too slow,however your right he came on strong late on.

Do you think Eubank Junior would win? after last night I think it would be a cracker and I do think Junior would win.

I think the Eubank Jnr fight had got the potential to be cracking fight, but GGG has stated he wants to fight Saunders next.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the Eubank Jnr fight had got the potential to be cracking fight, but GGG has stated he wants to fight Saunders next.

Yes saw that in the interview but we know how hard these fights are to get on so we will have to wait and see.

I would like to see a Saunders/Eubank rematch with the winner fighting GGG

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No I think Golovkin would take him to pieces. Don't forget the fight was offered to Eubank and contracts were ready to be signed but he dropped his arse.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
if Eubank Jr fights GGG and anyone wants to back him let me know, cant see anyway he doesnt get a complete hiding
Totally agree.
Eubank Jr reckons his corner don't own towels,if the fight does happen they'll need to go and buy 1.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not ggg would have it all his own way against junior, I think if Chris Jr. Can keep his old man out of his ear he has more to offer than brook, and would certainly trouble ggg more, he is quick, strong and fighting at his weight would be interesting fight to see, not sure he would win but think he could certainly have a chance, a much better chance than brook ever had.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jnr Eubank needs to bring more to the table than just big balls attitude. He doesn't have a title worthy; that belongs to BJS. My view is that he should try and fight BJS and correct his loss and then have a world title that GGG wants. However, can't see that happening as GGG has called out BJS so I am sure BJS attention is on that payday. Alternatively, Jnr could focus on clearing out the (short) queue to GGG, perhaps Jacobs or winner of Smith v Canelo, to raise his profile and credentials. Currently he makes too many mistakes from what I have seen, but maybe that is because he has fought (except BJS) no-one of world class.

Everyone one has a plan to beat GGG until they get punched by him.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jnr Eubank needs to bring more to the table than just big balls attitude. He doesn't have a title worthy; that belongs to BJS. My view is that he should try and fight BJS and correct his loss and then have a world title that GGG wants. However, can't see that happening as GGG has called out BJS so I am sure BJS attention is on that payday. Alternatively, Jnr could focus on clearing out the (short) queue to GGG, perhaps Jacobs or winner of Smith v Canelo, to raise his profile and credentials. Currently he makes too many mistakes from what I have seen, but maybe that is because he has fought (except BJS) no-one of world class.

Everyone one has a plan to beat GGG until they get punched by him.

I think GGG will fight Jacobs next as I'm sure the WBA have called the mandatory for it.

Smith/Canelo is at light middle and I don't think JR would get down to that.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
What did you see last night that makes you think Eubank would win?

Just the pace Junior can fight at and I believe he has more power than Brook and I do believe Brook had a good 2nd round and can cause GGG a few more.

Imo EJ will beat BJS in a rematch.
Anyway something to look forward to.

Mr A

Assistant Pro
Visit site
GGG would beat Eubank Jr easily. There are levels to boxing, Jr looks great at times but let's be clear he is fighting at British level. He leaves himself wide open when throwing, rarely uses his jab and can rely on his physical strength to bully his opponents. That's a recipe for disaster vs Golovkin. Also last night was poor by GGG's standards, it seems he realised Brook couldn't hurt him and became very one dimensional.