Getting your own back.

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It seems to me you made these three handy ladies suffer for a booking error that was not theirs. A bit harsh in my opinion but then at my club no group gets special treatment, the men, women and juniors all play alongside each other and faster groups are (usually) waved through without any big delay.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 replys two different scenarios , rosecott yes defo if i have lost ground on the group ahead , i would wave them through , thats just manners ,
FD , would you not expect to be held up by a group/ groups playing a single strokes comp off a much longer course ?? so does the next medal group let them through , slowing things down so im now holding up the next society group ? where does it stop ? how long will your medal round take then ?

Im not saying theres a right or wrong here im just intrested in peoples replys

Sorry, I misunderstood the question and assumed you'd lost ground on the group ahead. If you're also waiting due to play ahead then no reason to let them through.

In answer to your other question, we're able to play in the ladies medal on a Saturday (rather than Friday) while the men's medal is on. It's a nightmare for slow play - guaranteed to take about an hour longer than playing on Friday.

EDIT: I'd expect a group of men to let me through on these days if they'd lost a hole on the group ahead of them but not if it's just a total log jam.

Last edited:

matts1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Should have let them through really, if your guys were holding them up. May have also taken the pressure of the guys in your group that were not having the best of days.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know how tempting it would be to do what you did because ive not been let through by a group of ladies before because they were playing some sort of match even though i was waiting for them on every tee. You should of let them through though and told them that you will be having a word as they shouldnt be playing at these tee times imo.