Getting out of a contract early.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently left BT when our broadband and phone contract ended however our mobile contract had a further 9 months to run.
Since leaving some of the benefits of having their broadband have been removed eg double mobile data allowance gone. The price has also doubled, something I didn't think they could do during a contract.
Will call tomorrow to try and get out of the remaining contract.
Our current contract gives us only 1gb of data for £10, whereas I can get 50,GB for the same price at smarty.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They aren't daft, I doubt it will have doubled it will be something like discount removed (which will be the same as doubled but legally fine for them to do for not being a customer of broadband etc anymore)

Same with the data

Your only option most likely will be to buy it out which can be cheaper sometimes as your normally not charged the vat for the remaining months

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You get a £5 discount on the mobile contracts if you have broadband, so a £5 contract will have reverted to £10 when you stopped the broadband. Good luck but dont fancy your chances. At least their staff will be back in having finished striking for now

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You get a £5 discount on the mobile contracts if you have broadband, so a £5 contract will have reverted to £10 when you stopped the broadband. Good luck but dont fancy your chances. At least their staff will be back in having finished striking for now

Didn't know that.
HID has run up quite a hefty charge on data this month, so might look at going dual SIM on her phone at least.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BT original offer is half price on a mobile contract whilst you have broadband with them (at least that is what mine is)