Getting more distance.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am really trying to get more distance with my drives, I am hitting between 150 and 170, but I hit the ball very high so dont get much run, I have tried teeing lower but still get the height, I am swinging through the ball pretty well, anyone any ideas on how I can add yardage.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
what loft driver do you use louise? Maybe this could be a reason for hieght? or perhaps you hit it too much on the upswing?? only suggestions thats all as to be fair i dont know what im talking about just personal experience

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try teeing the ball higher. Believe it or not a low tee can make you tend to hit down on the ball. So giving it more spin and high flight. On the other hand it could be the loft? But try the high tee before you think of a change.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
The way I see it, there are a number of issues with distance.

1.Some players will get more as they hit the ball better/sweeter.
2.Some will get more as their swing improves generally.
3.Some need to work specifically on swing technique.

I've been there with all 3 and am currently working solely on no.3

With regard to your current driver, 14 degrees seems a good choice, that's only 1 degree more than me.
Going down in loft is only going to get you further if your swing/clubhead speed is gradually increasing.

I play with 13 because it's the ideal loft for my swing speed. Unless you are getting over 80mph, forget the lower loft idea.....it's in the swing.

My daughter (nearly fully grown) plays with a 16 degree driver and gets good distance.

Go and try some lower lofts if you like, but my theory is it's not the driver.

pingman93

Medal Winner
Visit site
hi
yeah as people have said 14 degrees may be to lofted i use a 9.5 degree and i use to use a 12 degree but i found that for my swing i should use a 9.5 as i was getting to much height but i was getting a bit more distance than you i was driving about 220 still.But i got all my info from a machine that monitors the flight path and backspin side spin etc and recomened i use a 9.5 so if your wanting to look at how you do i would reccommend using this equipment i think american golf have one but my pro shop has it so i went there

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi
yeah as people have said 14 degrees may be to lofted i use a 9.5 degree and i use to use a 12 degree but i found that for my swing i should use a 9.5 as i was getting to much height but i was getting a bit more distance than you i was driving about 220 still.But i got all my info from a machine that monitors the flight path and backspin side spin etc and recomened i use a 9.5 so if your wanting to look at how you do i would reccommend using this equipment i think american golf have one but my pro shop has it so i went there

Is it only me ????????????????:(

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
have you ever tried hitting a blokes driver? if you are tall enough id would give it a go. no harm in trying.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only my opinion but a change in loft isn't going to make that much difference, in fact (no offence) but with a swing speed that hits a 14° club 150-170 you might even lose distance by going to a lower loft.
Can you put a guesstimate on how high the ball actually goes?

Most 3 woods are 15-15.5° and 170 would be short for that, so I'd go down the better technique route.

Post a video if you can, or if you're reluctant to put it here for the masses maybe one of the experts would be happy to look at it via pm?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I dont have a problem posting a video, making one however is a different kettle of fish.

:)

Before I had my camera, I used my phone's video camera (if yours has one).

You just need to find a way to perch it at the right height. Our range has girders along the back wall which are ideal for it.

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
hi

Is it only me ????????????????:(

No....:rofl: