Getting fitted tomorrow

Alan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been playing for 7 months now and on Friday I'm hoping to move on from my handed down Srixons i116's to a proper fitted set of irons. I'm using Noahs Ark Golf and I'm wondering what the process will be, I tried a 8iron Ping i20 tonight and it felt great and was getting great loft and distance, I was very impressed.

I'm a bit worried as I'm still pretty raw and most of my swings are very different, I'm hoping this will be the start of my handicap dropping from 23.

I'm I dreaming?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
As long as you realise that the clubs will not make you a better golfer. The ONLY way to get good at this game is to play/practice. There are no shortcuts.

That said as golf is primarily a confidence game then getting fitted should give you a bit more which in turn will help your game, but IMO it is a bit of a placebo.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I disagree with Chris in as much as the new clubs will be right for the swing that you have at the moment. A good fitter will make sure that the shafts are right for your height and swing speed and that the loft and lies suit you. If they improve those things from your current set then that will all help. I dont think that you can underestimate the feeling that if you have the right equipment then you cant blame the clubs and that will take 50% of the possible fault away on a bad shot.

Yes you might need to change the gear in a couple of years but you wouldnt be buying custom clubs now if you couldnt afford them.