Getting brave...

Coreservers

Visit site
About to set off on a round at Brampton. Picked a busy time to try to get over the 1st tee yips. But something I'd not even have considered 2 months ago..
Starting to enjoy this, hobby, well lifestyle I guess.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
About to set off on a round at Brampton. Picked a busy time to try to get over the 1st tee yips. But something I'd not even have considered 2 months ago..
Enjoy. Brampton is a really good course.

The Fader

Visit site
Just enjoy it. And remember, if you happen to hit a duffer off the first, or anywhere else on the course - no matter how bad it is - I guarantee everyone on this forum will have hit a worse one at some point!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just remember that nobody watching you tee off actually cares…the only person who cares is you, and so if you tell yourself it doesnt really matter - it’s only a game - I think you’ll find 1st tee nerves ease.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just remember that nobody watching you tee off actually cares…the only person who cares is you, and so if you tell yourself it doesnt really matter - it’s only a game - I think you’ll find 1st tee nerves ease.
I once told a mate playing off 29 to look around him and see how many people were hitting worse shots than him.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I sat in the bar over looking the 18th with a new golfing mate who was massively self conscious. After about 3 groups had played out, he turned round unprompted,

"Maybe I'm daft, I'm no worse than those lot?!"

He nearly spat his beer out when I told him it was the last 3 groups of the team match..

Every golfer he'd watched 3 putting, hitting drives OB, missing greens with wedges, all 2 hc or better.....

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I sat in the bar over looking the 18th with a new golfing mate who was massively self conscious. After about 3 groups had played out, he turned round unprompted,

"Maybe I'm daft, I'm no worse than those lot?!"

He nearly spat his beer out when I told him it was the last 3 groups of the team match..

Every golfer he'd watched 3 putting, hitting drives OB, missing greens with wedges, all 2 hc or better.....

I did the same a few days afte my first lesson. Sat on the terrace, watching players com down the last of a local 9-hole course and realising everyone plays bad stuff, no-one cares about your rubbish, they are more interested in their own! It was a helpful confidence boost. H

TigerBear

Visit site

100% mate (y) took me a long time to realise that and get over first tee nerves which can be really unsettling.

Even the pros hit duff shots off the tee. Who cares, it's a laugh and as amateurs all we can do is enjoy this beautiful game!

Coreservers

Visit site
had a failrly average round, but did hit a decent drive off the 1st so the yips are subsiding. However went round in 111. so a bit too high. but working on grip and stance. On one of the par 3's however, a group of 3, kid, dad and grandad, allowed me through. they stood in the trees down the left, i hit the 6 iron. off the tee, promptly shanked it into the same trees, and..... landed the ball in their buggy footwell. couldnt do that if i tried lol.. guessed it was a free drop, as unplayable... and pretty funny.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
had a failrly average round, but did hit a decent drive off the 1st so the yips are subsiding. However went round in 111. so a bit too high. but working on grip and stance. On one of the par 3's however, a group of 3, kid, dad and grandad, allowed me through. they stood in the trees down the left, i hit the 6 iron. off the tee, promptly shanked it into the same trees, and..... landed the ball in their buggy footwell. couldnt do that if i tried lol.. guessed it was a free drop, as unplayable... and pretty funny.
Did you not instruct them to drive it up to the green before kicking the ball out??