General play cards

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Only if you've announced to the club that you are putting the card in regardless. That's what Supplementary Cards are. You have to either tell the Pro/shop or sign a book etc etc. If you play badly you go up, play well and you come down.

Down_The_Middle

Head Pro
Visit site
If thats the case then a lot of people at my club have been doing the wrong thing. Last year I got to 9.5 and in my next round (social game) shot a few under my H/C knowing that if I put the card in it would get me to single figures, so I put the card in and got cut to 8.6. So is the H/C secretary at fault aswell. Also the same thing happens in the Saturday roll up if anyone comes in with 40+ point you get moaned at about putting your card in. Is there congu ruling which you point me to about this cheers

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not if you're playing by the Rules no..

I can bear witness to this being the case.

I hand in supplementary cards from time to time, and it's like a military procedure.

Inform the pro or someone on the committee.
Mark "Supplementary card" on the top and fill it in as per a comp (even not filling in tees used can invalidate it)
Hand it in, and hit the buffer again.... :( every bloody time. :rolleyes:

I would never, ever, fill in a social card and expect to hand it in. Besides, do I want to get cut from on a social round? No.... categorically not.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe the rules have changed recently ?
I was on the handicap committee at my local club for several years,during that time,on more than one occasion,we cut a players handicap without even requiring a card.This may have been because they played a social round with a committee member,or played well below there handicap in a bogey or matchplay competition.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was on the handicap committee at my local club for several years,during that time,on more than one occasion,we cut a players handicap without even requiring a card.This may have been because they played a social round with a committee member,or played well below there handicap in a bogey or matchplay competition.

That was very much the norm Mungo, but, CONGU doesn't approve of arbitary h/cap cutting and club secretaries fight tooth and nail against what we knew as Rule 19 cuts.

They do render a players handicap "inactive" now which stops a bit of the banditry that used to go on

Chris

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That was very much the norm Mungo, but, CONGU doesn't approve of arbitary h/cap cutting and club secretaries fight tooth and nail against what we knew as Rule 19 cuts.

They do render a players handicap "inactive" now which stops a bit of the banditry that used to go on

Chris

Thanks for clearing that up Chris.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

You may well be right. I got cut a few times on flimsy evidence of good play. I played in a Wednesday 9-holer once and got it round in 1 over gross. Oddly, I got cut from 11 to 9.5 before the next weekend.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You may well be right. I got cut a few times on flimsy evidence of good play. I played in a Wednesday 9-holer once and got it round in 1 over gross. Oddly, I got cut from 11 to 9.5 before the next weekend.

Some years ago , one of our Captains tried to get me and my regular partner cut after a 4 man team Texas Scramble. He didn't succeed!

Chris

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

Some years ago , one of our Captains tried to get me and my regular partner cut after a 4 man team Texas Scramble. He didn't succeed!

Can you imagine! :eek: