Garmin approach s40.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Any feedback on this would be great, I was tempted with a watch and a friend has just won one which he doesn’t want.

I have a laser but was thinking a watch could help speed up play especially as I’m joining a new track.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had Garmin gps.watches,.they do everything that they said they would.
If you get to try it on and it's comfortable I'd go for it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Any feedback on this would be great, I was tempted with a watch and a friend has just won one which he doesn’t want.

I have a laser but was thinking a watch could help speed up play especially as I’m joining a new track.

I’m in the same situation - my wife got one on a huge discount through vitality for me without realising I don’t wear a watch when playing so I’m going to give it a go and see how it is - impressed with it as just a smart watch at the moment

D-S

Visit site
I’ve got one. Good looking watch with a choice of different faces. Comfortable, light. Golf wise works well as a gps, good info. to and clearance of hazards. I don’t use all shot tracking and sensor side of things. Have had Tom Tom and Bushnells before, this is best compromise of a wearable ‘normal’ watch and something for golf. Also does a lot of other tracking for walks, steps etc.
I’d recommend it. Actually just noticed that I’m wearing it now so not only good for golf!

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Love mine. Use it to also track all my walks and see where I've been and how far they are. Good on the course, the app on my phone can be a bit buggy, Google duplicate score issue.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hear people using it to track walks. I’m on iOS, would I be right in thinking I could leave my phone at home, track my walk and then sync when I get back home?

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Garmin X40 (obvs slightly different version) and I love it - like Spongebob says, if it fits well and you don't mind it on your wrist; get it. I'm greedy though I have a rangefinder and a watch as in the past I've lasered something that wasn't the flag and flown the green to the amusement of my playing partners :sneaky:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Got a S60. Good watch but even better on the golf course. It's brilliant there, does all you need and more.
Reckon the 40 will be the same standard.
Mate has a laser. I know it isn't a lot to take it out and use it, but it's a lot more than a glance st your watch ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve got a bushnel which I’ll prob still use in comps, but for general games and on rainy/Misty days I think the watch will just be better for pace of play.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m very tempted to use some of the money lockdown has saved me to buy a Garmin S62....

I’m sure the S40 does everything I need it to, I’m just a sucker for wanting the best available when it comes to things like this.