Game improvement clubs for single handicappers

sandylc524

Club Champion
Visit site
Im considering getting Game Improvement irons. My hcap is 8.

Does this makes sense? Or should I still to players clubs instead?

my thinking is if these GI clubs will help the average players, they should be beneficial to me as well right?

Dont want to buy them and end up not using them.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What irons are you playing with now? Is iron play the weakest part of your game? The thing about a lot of GI clubs is they have a very thick top line and often quite a bit of offset in the hozel, so if you're playing something more like a players iron now you might find it hard to adjust. If you have an issue getting the ball airborne then the best advice would be get a lesson and learn how to impact the ball properly, but at 8 h/c chances are this isn;t the issue. GI clubs in general are supposed to help someone get the ball up, if that isn't your issue you might find the ball ballooning and distance control very difficult.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Find something that...
A: allows you to hit the ball where you want to
B: you can handle looking at

Doesn't matter if they're £3000 PXGs or a £30 second hand set of Dunlops

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I changed from players clubs to GI clubs about a year ago and haven't regretted the decision. Easier to hit, longer distance too - what's not to like and they also look good behind the ball

sandylc524

Club Champion
Visit site
I changed from players clubs to GI clubs about a year ago and haven't regretted the decision. Easier to hit, longer distance too - what's not to like and they also look good behind the ball

Thanks for the feedback! Ended up with 4-6 with 0311XF and 7-p with 0311.
felt great hitting them.