Game Golf Pro

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just spotted that they are now taking advance orders for the new Game Golf . No more tagging which is on of the reasons I got shot of mine but the price is £299.99

Seems a bit steep for a tracker that, unlike Shotscope, doesn't com with a GPS watch

Will current users upgrade?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just spotted that they are now taking advance orders for the new Game Golf . No more tagging which is on of the reasons I got shot of mine but the price is £299.99

Seems a bit steep for a tracker that, unlike Shotscope, doesn't com with a GPS watch

Will current users upgrade?

Arcoss as an example is only around £230-£250 and this new GG does seem expensive. Will I invest? Not sure yet. I wonder if there will be any teething issues so will keep an interested eye on this

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably not until I hear of real world experiences, I wasn't impressed with Arcoss when I tried it for a while on a new Cobra F7 driver. Ended up getting it regripped so I could use a Game Golf tag again.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I read somewhere that they will offer discount to existing customers but not sure how much etc. Will most probably upgrade as I like gadgets!

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Going to stick with arccos for a bit.. the phone in the pocket is a pain though
Arcos will be releasing a unit that will clip to your belt, and take the place of the phone in your pocket, should still be seamless with no tagging. No date for it's release yet.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've got Shotscope and, whilst I find the shot recording decidedly average, at least the dmd on the watch is very useful.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the Gamegolf Live and enjoy using it but recently a few tags started to break. This thread reminded me to get it sorted so I emailed them about 5 mins ago, within a minute they were sending the tags out to me. I know its been said before but the customer service of this company is 2nd to none. Never seen anything like it.

I am tempted to upgrade to the new one but not at that price. I don't use the stats enough to warrant it and I don't mind tagging.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the Live version but almost never actually use it in live mode, I just tag the shots and then transfer the round via my laptop when I get home. I started doing this when I had a previous phone with a battery issue and was getting the phone shutting down mid round. I've a new phone without the battery issues but I've found the mobile app makes a bit of a hash of sorting out the shots when doing 18 holes on a 9 hole course. I use Fun Golf GPS app on my Apple Watch Series 2 for distance information using the built in GPS , the phone is now set to airplane mode.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the Gamegolf Live and enjoy using it but recently a few tags started to break. This thread reminded me to get it sorted so I emailed them about 5 mins ago, within a minute they were sending the tags out to me. I know its been said before but the customer service of this company is 2nd to none. Never seen anything like it
They are very good, when the belt clip broke they sent me a new clip. Unfortunately when fit it I managed to damage the power switch on the board, they sent me a whole new unit FOC. I recently asked for several new tags, they sent them again FOC.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They are very good, when the belt clip broke they sent me a new clip. Unfortunately when fit it I managed to damage the power switch on the board, they sent me a whole new unit FOC. I recently asked for several new tags, they sent them again FOC.

Yeah I am on my second unit as well. The first unit stopped pairing with my phone and couldn't locate any gps. I contacted them and they sent the new unit very quickly.

Brilliant customer service

D

Deleted member 1147

Since I wouldn't need to tag every shot, and I wouldn't need to take my phone out with me, I would definately consider getting one of these.

£300 is a lot, but I spend a lot on clubs and lessons & rounds on new courses, so why not get a little extra help?

I'll wait to see what others think of it and decide based on feedback.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I was selected to test a unit and I have been in regular contact with one of the staff but I'm still waiting its one issue after another, I do like game golf and compared to others on the market IMO its the best device out there only draw back is the tapping but that makes sure its accurate, I also just upload my round to laptop when I'm finished

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently using the live version. Upgraded last year when I found live on amazon for about 100€ and was able to sell my classic version for 70€, so basically paid 40€ for the upgrade.

Which is probably the most I would be willing to pay for the upgrade to Pro, since from what I'm seeing, all you get is not having to actively tag and a divot tool...

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe. I had the original GG and the GG Live as well but got shot as I got fed up with tagging and\or having to edit rounds post play.

I do like gadgets so i'll see what the real world feedback is like.

For the shot recording for me it needs to be fire and forget as if i don't even know I'm using it whilst I'm playing.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Shot scope v2 is very good and you get the watch as well, but right handed golfers have to wear it on your left hand.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Been testing mine for a couple of months too and in all honesty iv had nothing but trouble with it, had to return the tags got them back then the medallion stopped working waiting on it returning to me (in the post) so iv not done much testing although when it has worked its been great,

D

Deleted member 16999

Was it picking up all shots, apart from the tap ins...
Yes mate, it’s quite weird being a tester and publishing your feedback, I’ve only had mine a month as I said, some have been testing since August and have had all sorts of issues, (as seen with casuk).
I had a round that missed a couple of shots around the green, but both were on a bank and I was trying to hit them very softly so as to avoid going past the flag.
The other issue(sorry forgot) they haven’t sorted out the issue of attaching a tag to a counterbalanced putter, again they are working on it.
I reported today after playing 18 holes and it recorded every shot with absolutely no issues apart from my putts as I put the wrong putter in the car! (I’ve got a spider putter I normally use for testing)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I seem to remember the first version had similar teething issues and they were pretty good at fixing the issues so I wouldn't be put off at this stage that they're having problems. Good to hear some of the feedback so far. Keep the updates coming