Game Golf Pro

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I seem to remember the first version had similar teething issues and they were pretty good at fixing the issues so I wouldn't be put off at this stage that they're having problems. Good to hear some of the feedback so far. Keep the updates coming
As support goes iv never had a better experience they try so hard to resolve any issues iv had with classic or pro,

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yes mate, it’s quite weird being a tester and publishing your feedback, I’ve only had mine a month as I said, some have been testing since August and have had all sorts of issues, (as seen with casuk).
I had a round that missed a couple of shots around the green, but both were on a bank and I was trying to hit them very softly so as to avoid going past the flag.
The other issue(sorry forgot) they haven’t sorted out the issue of attaching a tag to a counterbalanced putter, again they are working on it.
I reported today after playing 18 holes and it recorded every shot with absolutely no issues apart from my putts as I put the wrong putter in the car! (I’ve got a spider putter I normally use for testing)
I suppose this has been my biggest disappointment with all these systems.
I've tried GG and Shotscope and I've always had to go in and edit shots for either position or club.
And once ive got it in my head that there's going to be a shot or two that gets missed I'm almost concentrating more on making sure I remember shots and clubs than actually getting on with hitting the ball. And when one shot is missed you have to go through every single shot otherwise your stats get corrupted.
They're definitely getting there and this might be worth a look.

OLgolfer

Visit site
I’m very interested in GG pro, but it’s got an old aerial of my home club so the first 5 holes are dense forest 😂

Emailed their support and there is nothing they can do as they use third party satellite maps.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I still use the original GG (but have toyed with the idea of an upgrade to Live for a while). I too have first hand experience of how good their customer service is in replacing broken belt clips. Superb.

However, I still have a niggling concern about the longevity of their business model. The website is rarely updated, apart from the stats upgrade some time ago, functionality is pretty much as it was. It could be so much better, e.g allowing you to analyse performance for individual holes etc.

I can't see how they can remain profitable (if indeed they are) with only a one off up front cost to consumers. That has always worried me, so much so that I would have concerns about shelling out a few hundred quid on the Pro.

I actually have got so used to tagging now that if I play rounds without it I still find myself "tagging" my belt :p

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I looked at getting Accoss 360 but having watched the videos and read the reviews, I am going to try my own thing. Each round, I will keep my stats on distances and accuracy manually as I go round but also record a mark out of 10 for ball flight, swing feel and accuracy. I will build up a database over the next 20-30 rounds with the raw data and then write an analysis tool to make sense of it. The likes of GameGolf and Accoss do not record the actual swing details - you would need to take a Trackman out on the course with you for that. I can also record on putts if I missed short, long, left, right or mis-read.

Time will tell how accurate it is but the first two rounds have already told me to get a life/get out more.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I looked at getting Accoss 360 but having watched the videos and read the reviews, I am going to try my own thing. Each round, I will keep my stats on distances and accuracy manually as I go round but also record a mark out of 10 for ball flight, swing feel and accuracy. I will build up a database over the next 20-30 rounds with the raw data and then write an analysis tool to make sense of it. The likes of GameGolf and Accoss do not record the actual swing details - you would need to take a Trackman out on the course with you for that. I can also record on putts if I missed short, long, left, right or mis-read.

Time will tell how accurate it is but the first two rounds have already told me to get a life/get out more.
Only a short step to train spotting