Galvin Green stuff............advice pls :-)

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, havent posted for ages, but wanted to ask some advice from any of you that have Galvin Green stuff ......

I've got £330 in Capital Bonds Vouchers (Incentive etc) burning a hole in my pocket, and as luck would have it, American Golf accept them :)
Soooo.......I'm thinking of getting myself a decent waterproof jacket, and have been looking at the GG Paclite ones, as they seem so light and easy to wear ?
In reality, I dont play that much in winter, so I'm not too concerned with Bulk/warmth etc, so would the Paclite ones be just what I need ?

Also, their Fleece/jumper and Sleeveless jobbies look great for those chill days/evenings too, - anyone use them ?

Thx all.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Yes the GG paclite stuff good, and long lasting. Also recommend the GG Insula top. Very thin and very warm.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another vote on the Insula tops, very good. Paclite jackets are good regardless of who make them, I have a Nike ACG one which goes in my bag, a fraction of the GG price at just £40 from Go outdoors a few years ago

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
GG Stuff is quality. I have a Paclite and a Performance Jacket. Both are great and look the biz. The performance jackets are not that heavy really but are quite a bit warmer. The insula garments are good as well. Also the windstopper trousers are great as well. If you look out for past seasons garments you can pick them up quite a bit cheaper. This should be happening soon as Galvins new collection is about to go on general sale.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive a G G Jacket ( bout 2yrs now, forgot name !! ) and also G G ALF waterproof trousers, they are the Durgs Doo-Dahs.....
:thup:
Only other waterproofs Ive had that were anywhere near as good, Proquip Silk Touch, few years back now though, But I am hearing Very Good things about SUNICE .....??

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Another fan of GG. Tops are expensive, but worth it. I've had mine since 2003 and it's the one I use if rain is likely. Expensive, but best value in the long run.

Not so fussed with value of their Trou though. Still top quality, but I don't believe the extra costs the benefits. Plenty of other great performing Trou by other manufacturers significantly cheaper imo.

Haven't used the Paclite gear though. Love their Windstopper tops too.