Funniest Birdie?

sandford93

Assistant Pro
Visit site
the other day i was having an awful round and i came to the uphill par 4 12th. on the tee i tryed to absolutely lash it, ending up topped 5 yards ahead, that was followed by a J Arthur and after that a 170yard 6iron straight in the middle. scorecard doesnt paint a picture eh?

D

Deleted member 1147

On a short par 4 I once went for the green but finsihed up in a ditch short/left.

I proceeded to drop and chip in.

It was matchplay and my opponant wasn't best pleased!

I suppose thats why the detailed score analysis products can be more useful than just going on socres!!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing at Patshull Park on evening and hit driver off tee at the 14th Par 5 into thick bushes and had to declare unplayable. Topped 3rd shot but with venom and heading straight for ditch that crosses fairway some 100 yards out from green, hit sign, about foot square and bounced back. Took pitching wedge and chiped in !!!!!!!!!

Playing partners and myself disolved into fits of laughter :D :D :D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
easy one! on my first ever round, at St Andrews 1973. having achieved some majestic double figure scores on many holes on my way to a final double-par total (I said it was my first round, also the first time I had seen half the clubs!).
came to a shortish par 3. tee-shot heading someway right hits a rock and richochets onto the green, stopping six-inches from the pin.
no-one to see it though, the guys I had started out with had long gone leaving me to my own devices - something that contributed to my not playing again for 33 years.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No funny birdie - how bout an Eagle?

Par 4 second on my old course- Green is drivable but trouble each side- and I am not too accurate with the big dog so I took a rescue to lie up infront of bunkers behind water - Topped the ball 25 yards in front of the ladies blocks, then took second shot from rough infront of ladies tee box. Landed between bunkers ran straight up the green and plunked in the cup- It is almost as good as a hole in one.

Hole02.jpg

Water to RHS at 100yards from green - bunker infront is not split into 2 bunkers.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very nice!

Not really a funny one but thought ad share this one with you anyway cause i was chuffed to bits with it.

Yesterday, on a par 4 400yards(ish) Hit my biggest drive of day About 260, left me a nice easy 8 into the heart of the green, down hill slightly green like a bowl so room for error.
Hit it slightly fat so it stopped on the edge of the green rather than roll on.

Took out the 7 iron and played a 30 yard bump and run perfectly, hit the pin and stopped dead on the edge of the cup. Mate said take it away and although it was only a par, it felt as good as any birdie I have made!

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
mine was recently, playing at selby golf club. playing short par 4 with bunkers covering the front of the green, tried been clever and going for the green, pushed it right and thought it was o.o.b. walked up to fid it just in but no shot to green, had to chip backards into fairway leavung approx 45 yards to pin, still not happy with myself for the drive, proceeded to take a large swing with lob wedge, caught ball perfectly and it dropped into the cup without bouncing :D

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Way back in the dark ages, I played Caird Park in Dundee.
The 9th is across a valley onto a green above the tee 159yds.
At the back and side is the clubhouse and greenkeepers shed, anyway hit the ball with a slice hit the roof of the clubhouse and the the shed landed 3ft from the hole easy birdie and a big shout of 'ya cheated'.
will remember that for the rest of my life won 2/- for nearest the pin as well.