Full Handicap or 95%

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We play a knockout comp where the format is individual stableford points . Much like medal match play but stableford points instead of nett score. Player with the higher number of points goes through to the next round.

Would you set this up to be off full handicap or 95%?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just out of interest, how does this affect one’s handicap when the card is put in? I played yesterday and scored 30 points on 95%, but it would have been 32 points on 100% as I scored on the two scoring holes that I “lost”. The comp organiser input all the cards … I am assuming that he entered scores, as opposed to stableford points scored, so this would have made the 95%/100% irrelevant for handicap purposes. Is that correct? Thanks.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest, how does this affect one’s handicap when the card is put in? I played yesterday and scored 30 points on 95%, but it would have been 32 points on 100% as I scored on the two scoring holes that I “lost”. The comp organiser input all the cards … I am assuming that he entered scores, as opposed to stableford points scored, so this would have made the 95%/100% irrelevant for handicap purposes. Is that correct? Thanks.
Yes. Your handicap is calculated off 100% - the reduced handicap is only for the competition result.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes. The systems require hole gross scores to be entered rather than stableford points (with a convention for holes not started and holes not finished). The software then handles competition results/scores and handicap scores appropriately (ie using 95% or 100%).

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site

We have a similar Knockout Comp but it is a medal round, first year I was Head of M&H I insisted that the scores were entered but this year, after some thought decided players do have to. The my thinking is that if after 14 holes you can see you are 4 stokes up on your opponent you stop playing against the course and start playing against the opponent to manage the shot difference.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a similar Knockout Comp but it is a medal round, first year I was Head of M&H I insisted that the scores were entered but this year, after some thought decided players do have to. The my thinking is that if after 14 holes you can see you are 4 stokes up on your opponent you stop playing against the course and start playing against the opponent to manage the shot difference.
I might have made some comment if I had understood this. As it is, all I have to say is

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We checked with county and they said all cards should be put on a players handicap record.