Fujikura Rocket Fuel shaft

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anybody used this shaft yet, its the one in the RBZ Stage 2 driver, at 50g and stiff it felt pretty good, does anyone know if it plays true to flex as i read somewhere that it plays slightly stiffer.?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anybody used this shaft yet, its the one in the RBZ Stage 2 driver, at 50g and stiff it felt pretty good, does anyone know if it plays true to flex as i read somewhere that it plays slightly stiffer.?

they run it right up to X with minimal increase in weight - 50 R, 51 S and 53 X and I haven't seen any threads suggesting they are spaggetti (or whathaveyou).

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
they run it right up to X with minimal increase in weight - 50 R, 51 S and 53 X and I haven't seen any threads suggesting they are spaggetti (or whathaveyou).

Not particular light, the Miyasaki shafts are even lighter at 43g and even 39g ... All are highly regarded.

Not sure the weight is definitive indication of much in terms of stiffness, or target markets.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a Taylor Made, so the shaft comes in different flavours. The base shaft, the Fujkura Fuel seems to be a pretty good shaft, which has elements of Speeder and Motore in it.

The retail version is a made for, so may play softer than normal. The specs are different to the Fuji Fuel of the same weight, with more torque and likely to be higher launching.

The TP version is a real one, so should play true to flex in the sense it will play similar to the Fuji Fuel shaft.

The acid test is always how it plays for you. Find one that gives you good results and it doesn't matter if it is made for, real deal or tour only.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not particular light, the Miyasaki shafts are even lighter at 43g and even 39g ... All are highly regarded.

Not sure the weight is definitive indication of much in terms of stiffness, or target markets.

indeed - I meant to respond to oddsocks post rather than Steve's with this comment to indicate the same thing; clicked on the wrong button!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The TP version is a real one, so should play true to flex in the sense it will play similar to the Fuji Fuel shaft.

The acid test is always how it plays for you. Find one that gives you good results and it doesn't matter if it is made for, real deal or tour only.

Er...

The TP will play identically to (not just similar to) the Fuji Fuel - because it IS a Fuji Fuel shaft.

Agree with the 'acid test'!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys, was looking for a lighter shaft as i'm going that way in all my clubs due to ongoing health problems it just makes thing easier if there lighter