Kuro Kage TiNi shaft - true to flex?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Anyone play these and are they true, soft or stiff to the designated flex? Considering something with them in but not opportunity to test beforehand. Currently using regular shafts through the bag, Nippon Modus 105 in the irons, the standard Fujikura shaft in Taylor Made M2 driver/fairways/hybrids.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Depends on what your buying. It heavily depends what weight shaft you like in the club itself.
Flex has no standardised measurement. It’s entirely up to the individual how it feels. but you should feel at home with the correct weight and it’s presumed flex.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had one in my M1 driver, only tried for a few holes but yes I felt it true to flex but I preffered the Fujikura shaft which I now have in my M4.

The Kuro Kage I felt needed a slightly 'stronger' swing than what have, soory I do not know my swing speed these days

What is about the Fujikura that does not suit you or what is it that you are trying to achieve? I have other shafts.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I had one in my M1 driver, only tried for a few holes but yes I felt it true to flex but I preffered the Fujikura shaft which I now have in my M4.

The Kuro Kage I felt needed a slightly 'stronger' swing than what have, soory I do not know my swing speed these days

What is about the Fujikura that does not suit you or what is it that you are trying to achieve? I have other shafts.

Thanks jim8flog, it's not that I dislike the Fujikura; if they were available with the Fujikura I'd probably have already bought them, but it's end of line time & the Kuro Kage is the only shaft available. I'm looking at trading the M2 hybrid for the M1 as I think it might suit me better.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...I'm looking at trading the M2 hybrid for the M1 as I think it might suit me better.
Not worth the bother (it's all 'in the heed'!) imo - unless there's something seriously bad with your relationship with the M2 hybrid!

But jim8..'s post seems pretty much spot on from what I know (I'm a bit out of date though). I have an earlier version of KK in a hybrid that's a bit softer feeling - but works great - than Matrix Red Tie. I'm not an aggressive swinger though!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks jim8flog, it's not that I dislike the Fujikura; if they were available with the Fujikura I'd probably have already bought them, but it's end of line time & the Kuro Kage is the only shaft available. I'm looking at trading the M2 hybrid for the M1 as I think it might suit me better.

When you say they are end of line, do you mean M3/M4. Then why not buy one with Kuro Kage in and swap it for the Fujikura in your existing M2 and sell the M2 with Kuro Kage in.