Fujikura Atmos 7R Shaft - Seven Wood Length, Regular

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My 7 wood shaft shattered into a million pieces today so I need a replacement. Anyone got one spare or able to tell me where to look?? (For Cobra F9.) Thanks!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My 7 wood shaft shattered into a million pieces today so I need a replacement. Anyone got one spare or able to tell me where to look?? (For Cobra F9.) Thanks!
I'd normally advise simply replacing the entire club! But, being faily recent, that's a bit pricey! EBay is normally the place though.
Btw. Try hitting the small ball first! :rolleyes:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284592140727?hash=item42430371b7:g:MbUAAOSwvGZh0cEy

Not sure what length it is as I didn't notice what fairway it's from.

Of course, there's always the genuine article https://www.nordicagolf.co.uk/fujikura-atmos-blue-ts-graphite-wood-shafts
Cheers, I saw that one on eBay and messaged him, unfortunately it's a 3 wood shaft. Unless I put that in the 5 wood and my 5 wood shaft in the 7 wood.. rather not though.

Cheers for the link I'll have a look. (Edit: wait does that say 200 quid lol)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers, I saw that one on eBay and messaged him, unfortunately it's a 3 wood shaft. Unless I put that in the 5 wood and my 5 wood shaft in the 7 wood.. rather not though.

Yep, it says £200 (and a bit more ?).

If it was worst case then you could trim the 3w shaft to length.
Can’t see many out there beyond the real deal versions.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

could replace the 5 wood and the 7 wood for that ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
7 wood was actually the second newest club in the bag so wasn't planning to replace it this quickly. ?

at least it wasnt the new magic wand eh.........

cant be a massive mkt for replacement 7 wood shafts sadly, especially trying to find a direct replacement, best option maybe finding one from a club builder with similar characteristics?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fujikura Pro 63 is probably quite close in spec. Slightly (6g) lighter but similar kick/torque and flight characteristics.

Personally I'd just go after the 3w shaft and trim it back 1" from tip (as 3w should not be tip trimmed per Fujikura spec)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

What caused it to break? If it wasn't a tantrum, I would be looking at it being sorted under warranty.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Adoregolfgrips.com

I've used these guys before and they are amazing. They have some pretty exotic shafts and also some cheaper alternatives. They also offer a service where you can add add the shaft, adaptor and grip, plus custom build service to your basket and they'll build you your shaft.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally I'd just go after the 3w shaft and trim it back 1" from tip (as 3w should not be tip trimmed per Fujikura spec)
Never done anything like this before so not sure the best way to go about it. ?
What caused it to break? If it wasn't a tantrum, I would be looking at it being sorted under warranty.
I was literally just hitting a shot as normal and it snapped after striking the ball. But it was bought over a year ago via an eBay seller, I figure they'd say jog on because it was over a year?
I have sent an email to Cobra golf though to see if they can help me out with a new shaft.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never done anything like this before so not sure the best way to go about it. ?.

A pro would do it for a nominal fee if you didn’t feel confident.

But essentially it’s measuring 1” from the top, marking it and cutting it with a hack saw or similar (masking tape can help prevent splintering).

You will need to remove the remains of the old shaft, depending on how far down it snapped will determine how difficult that actually is.

2 part epoxy to fix the new shaft in place.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A pro would do it for a nominal fee if you didn’t feel confident.

But essentially it’s measuring 1” from the top, marking it and cutting it with a hack saw or similar (masking tape can help prevent splintering).

You will need to remove the remains of the old shaft, depending on how far down it snapped will determine how difficult that actually is.

2 part epoxy to fix the new shaft in place.
It snapped about 6 inches away from the head so I removed the shaft easily (it's an adjustable club so just unscrewed it as normal). Cheers, I'll have to consider this if Cobra don't reply with any good news.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It snapped about 6 inches away from the head so I removed the shaft easily (it's an adjustable club so just unscrewed it as normal). Cheers, I'll have to consider this if Cobra don't reply with any good news.

Good luck. Not really heard of any tales of Cobra customer service so unsure if they are good or bad on that respect.

If you were fitted for that shaft then yes it’s definitely wise to replace like for like, but if it was just a general off the shelf number (or eBay shelf) then maybe the shaft isn’t that important and you could get a similar spec shaft which might be easier.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Golf club for cash and second swing sell shafts too might be worth a try, I use the same shaft in my sz driver and affordable golf sold me it for £30 might be worth a call, also trying some of the bigger club fitting places for there demo stuff that they might not need as much is worth a call
Good luck mate, just to add cobras customer service is outstanding

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, Cobra UK just replied and told me they no longer stock that shaft, then told me how I could go about buying a newer one. So that was a bust. New shaft costs more than the bloody club did. It's so odd. Imagine if new tyres cost you more than your car. :unsure: