M2 Driver Shaft Length

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wonder if someone can please help me regarding the standard length of a men’s Taylormade M2 driver shaft. I bought just the head and I have bought a new shaft to fit it, but it comes uncut and seems too long ... but, as I bought just the head, I have no old shaft to compare it with. The specs say 45.75, but that includes the head and I don’t know how they measure that anyway.

Does anyone have an M2 driver and, if so, can they please tell me the distance from where the shaft joins the adapter to the butt end of the shaft. Thanks in advance!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wonder if someone can please help me regarding the standard length of a men’s Taylormade M2 driver shaft. I bought just the head and I have bought a new shaft to fit it, but it comes uncut and seems too long ... but, as I bought just the head, I have no old shaft to compare it with. The specs say 45.75, but that includes the head and I don’t know how they measure that anyway.

Does anyone have an M2 driver and, if so, can they please tell me the distance from where the shaft joins the adapter to the butt end of the shaft. Thanks in advance!
I have a M2 Matrix 45 gram white tie shaft, butt to adaptor tip measures 44.25 inches.

Visit site
I can guarantee that 45.75" is to long for you unless your 7'9" tall. (Sarcasm)

I'm 5ft 11 and my driver length in total is 44" and won't play anything longer then this. If you sole the driver and making sure the centre of the club is on the ground, then with a tape measure, place the metal end underneath the heel of the driver and the tape runs up the back of the shaft, you can get your measurement that way.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks both. Thanks for that measurement Williamalex1 ... it means that the new shaft is 1” too long, which is what I suspected. Problem solved. Cheers.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

I'm 5ft 11 and my driver length in total is 44" and won't play anything longer then this. If you sole the driver and making sure the centre of the club is on the ground, then with a tape measure, place the metal end underneath the heel of the driver and the tape runs up the back of the shaft, you can get your measurement that way.

The length of the shaft hasn't much to do with height of the player. It's related to the wrist to floor measurement. I am 5'11", I have mates 5'5" & 6'3". My gorilla arms reach nearer the floor than both of theirs, helped by my extra short legs. It's more important to match the weight of the head to the length of the shaft. A standard Shaft & standard head should be fine.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am pretty confident that TMs standard shaft length (end of grip to end of adapter) is 44.25.

You need to check the shaft manufactures website for trimming instructions some may tip trim before butt trim to length and others may just butt trim to length. Remember to allow for the grip having about .25 depth at the end.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am pretty confident that TMs standard shaft length (end of grip to end of adapter) is 44.25.

You need to check the shaft manufactures website for trimming instructions some may tip trim before butt trim to length and others may just butt trim to length. Remember to allow for the grip having about .25 depth at the end.
This, and remember to cut off from the butt end :ROFLMAO:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

You’re right most driver lengths are to long, and Taylormade Shafts are nearly always to long.