Frustrated by clothing size differences between and even within brands!!

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I rarely buy golf or other clothing online and given this recent experience it will be a long time again before i risk it. I am frustrated to say the least. I bought 2 pair of trousers and 2 wind shirt/sweaters types. Both sweaters made by Nike, both XL size, both from same online store. One fits perfectly, the other is not just too big but at least 2 sizes too big. How can this be be, both being Nike golf tops!

Two pair trousers, both 36 waist - again one perfect fit (Ping) the other (Nike) way too big, not a little big where you could make it work with a belt, but again they would fall over my hips to the ground.

Is it really that difficult to get all brands of clothing to make clothes to an industry standard size, where we know for sure what a Large or X large will actually be!!....and whats the excuse when the same brand labels their clothes the same size where one is clearly so much bigger........

I Just had to vent......still don't feel better lol

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Worth looking on County Golf, they show a little model which gives you the chest and length measurement for each top in each size, so its less of a guessing game!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had this from Clubhouse golf two pair of Adidas shorts one fine one was at least two sizes to small.
Just labelling error in factory.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Its a bug bear of mine too (did you know that the Weights & Measures Government dept website doesn't even contain the word 'clothing') What are they doing all day!
Women have it twice as bad I believe (or maybe they just shop twice as much)

It gets even worse when you factor in international and an L made for one country is equivalent to an XS in another

And while we're on it, when are UK golf courses going to measure the hole in meters!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I agree, and if I am buying clothes online I do tend to buy from brands that I know are more consistent. So from County Golf for example I tend to get Sunderland, Ashworth, Greg Norman as they always seem to be there or thereabouts.

It's not only clothing. I normally wear Size 9 in Footjoys but when I got a pair of DNA I had to get the Size 8 as the Size 9 in the DNA's were way too big.
And as for Adidas shoes!? They seem to be at least ½ to a full size smaller than most other brands, and a lot thinner across the toes.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I totally get this. Being rather rotund at best I find clothes shopping difficult anyways.....so to have amazing disparity when shopping online makes it virtually impossible. So now I normally find something I like, that fits, and buy another straight away or repeat buy the same thing.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
What I don't get is manufacturers making shirts in 2XL....."athletic fit".

As someone on the slightly larger side the last thing I want is a shirt that fits me round the shoulders but squashes my well researched, highly invested beer belly, like a 1970's style ladies boob tube.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And while we're on it, when are UK golf courses going to measure the hole in meters!

Surely that should be - 'when are European and other courses going to measure their course in yards'? A yard makes sense in golf a metre does not.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the funnies when I bought a GPS unit - I realised that all my self made yardage charts were not true yardages because my step was very slightly less than yard.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree, and if I am buying clothes online I do tend to buy from brands that I know are more consistent. So from County Golf for example I tend to get Sunderland, Ashworth, Greg Norman as they always seem to be there or thereabouts.

It's not only clothing. I normally wear Size 9 in Footjoys but when I got a pair of DNA I had to get the Size 8 as the Size 9 in the DNA's were way too big.
And as for Adidas shoes!? They seem to be at least ½ to a full size smaller than most other brands, and a lot thinner across the toes.
Similarly I tend to go for Ping and Adidas for clothing as I find their sizes very consistent apart from Adidas shoes which like you I find very small. In my case I am 8 in all shoes (work, casual and Footjoy) but I needed a 9 in Adidas to fit properly. Makes me very nervous getting Adidas shoes online so tend to buy in store