Friendliest courses

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
As I can't seem to get much information on the friendliest clubs around, I guess it's a matter of opinion.
Abersoch claims to be the friendliest in Wales, but I've never played there. So I'll go for Llandrindod Wells where I used to be a country member.
Moffat in Scotland, possibly, although I only played it once.
England - Daventry, but not Delapre (Northampton) or Ilfracombe (but it might have changed).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Knaresborough and Pannal both went above and beyond, I've have played both more than once and they have been as friendly on each occasion

Turnberry. Yes you pay for it but each person I met there went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed every aspect of our time. They could easily take your money and leave you cold but that wasn't the case.

D

Deleted member 21258

Four stand out ones, as everyone(members & staff) we meet on the day were brilliant :-

Burnham - On - Crouch, Essex
Tralee, Ireland
Sandiway, Cheshire
Ganton, Scarborough

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Recent great welcomes...

Royal North Devon... Pro in the shop when we played last month and Jodie in the office when I booked Open Entry last week. Friendly and helpful. Great place to visit

Bude: Every time I go there... (2 or 3 visits a year) Members always great too. Nick the Pro is a super star too!

Burnham & Berrow: Great folk all round. The new(ish) steward is a star too.

...and I thought of Sunningdale and Swinley ... once you are through the door, nothing is too much trouble for the team working there and "the old boy members" are always very chatty!! (proper old money :))

D

Deleted member 15344

Hard to judge a friendly club but I’ll go by welcomes

Royal Cinque Ports - staff in the clubhouse are excellent but the Pro there takes a friendly welcome to another level

Blackmoor - just like RCP and apart from the odd dodgy haircut the members have always been welcoming

Add honourable mentions to RND , Pennard , Porthcawl

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Despite the course not being worthy of top 100 never mind top 50 (in my opinion) I have to say that Prestwick really do have their customer service and welcome down to a fine art. The front of house at Prestwick are fantastic.

I may be a bit bias but I also have to say Lorna and Peter at Machrihanish Dunes are fantastic.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Castle Course St Andrews. Bearwood Lakes and Centurion. Saunton, West Hill, Littlestone and Royal Cinque Ports.

Must admit I have had a lot of friendly welcomes from a wide range of clubs. Only the very odd bad one.

The members at Portrush, but don’t try their home made hootch !!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I can't seem to get much information on the friendliest clubs around, I guess it's a matter of opinion.
Abersoch claims to be the friendliest in Wales, but I've never played there. So I'll go for Llandrindod Wells where I used to be a country member.
Moffat in Scotland, possibly, although I only played it once.
England - Daventry, but not Delapre (Northampton) or Ilfracombe (but it might have changed).

I found myself in Devon for a few days a few years back.
Intended to play 2 or 3 courses but, having played Ilfracombe first, I just played there three times.
The welcome was absolutely 1st class and, if in that neck of the woods again, would play there in a heart beat.