Freebie - golf brochure

B

birdieman

Received my free copy of Visit Scotlands -
'The Official Guide to Golf in Scotland'
in the mail today. Its a 193 page glossy publication and makes great reading for any golfer - some of the pics are brilliant.
Anyway if anyone wants to look at some very nice pictures of Scottish golf courses and get a list of every course in Scotland plus the obligatory ads for accomodation etc then the link is - http://golf.visitscotland.com/ and click on brochure request.
It's worth it for the front cover alone - a stunning view of Turnberry at evening sunset looking over the course, the lighthouse and Ailsa Craig.

No I don't work for them! ;)

ricardodaintino

Head Pro
Visit site
I recieved that too, its actually quite a good read!

I also just got one from golfbreaks.com, but that wasn't as good I'm afraid, some of the offers are tempting but I'm not convinced you couldn't cut them out and get cheaper deals direct for some of them?

Has anyone ever used them?

B

birdieman

Craw, I play at Ballater, nice holiday track, scenic, not too difficult but you've still got to get the ball in the hole! ;)
Might just get a wander out tomorrow as we finally have some softer weather, haven't played there since September - that's terrible but my enthusiasm for golf has now returned big time and I'm looking forward to medals starting again in April.
Back trouble curtailed last year a lot, in guarding my back my swing got too armsy, hoping to be injury free this year. Trying to get stronger at the moment, not hitting any balls yet except some chipping in garden.

T

thecraw

Ballater, a beautiful part of the world. I've not played the course however I believe that it gets a good write up.

I used to do loads of hillwalking and climbing (about 2 stone ago!)and Royal Deeside/Braemar over to the gorms etc is quite simply a wonderful part of the country.

May I be as bold as to say, hope we can get a game sometime this summer. That sort of scenery gives me an excuse for bad golf!!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah, I got one today.

Don't know where it came from or why it came as I never asked for it but hey its a good read. Can't believe some of the prices you guys up there don't have to pay for a decent course.

HID to one look at it and said "don't you get any ideas!"

Ho Hum - maybe next time.........

B

birdieman

May I be as bold as to say, hope we can get a game sometime this summer. That sort of scenery gives me an excuse for bad golf!!!

Sir, you may be as bold ;).....In fact I would extend an invitation to anyone off the forum who finds themselves up in this neck of the woods looking for a game.
Having a a young family, a bit of notice would be appreciated so I can 'enter negotiations' with HID well in advance! :eek:

As a unique course I would also recommend Braemar - it is the highest 18 holer in the UK, has tremendously good greens too which is a mystery to most of us given the location. It has several outstanding holes - 13th is one of my favourite holes anywhere, a 173 yd par 3 from an elevated tee. 15th is SI 1 (maybe 2) and the second shot is a brute! :mad:

B

birdieman

Cerunnos, you can still get it at the weblink I put in the first post. I meant Royal mail post, not mail as in Daily Mail. :cool:

B

birdieman

What does the username Cerunnos stem from??
One Google search result reckons its a Celtic Stag Lord! If so what's your connection with a Celtic Stag Lord?... if you don't mind me asking!
Makes my username seem rather unimaginative in comparison!

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recieved that too, its actually quite a good read!

I also just got one from golfbreaks.com, but that wasn't as good I'm afraid, some of the offers are tempting but I'm not convinced you couldn't cut them out and get cheaper deals direct for some of them?

Has anyone ever used them?

Any place if you ring them direct will pretty much match the golfbreaks price as then they don't have to pay commission....

You will also usually find that people on 'packages' such as golfbreaks and the other similar types will get treated as the great unwashed as what the venue is actually 'making' on the deal is very little....