Free money to spend on golf...well kind of!

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Ok today following the wise guidance of the money saving expert guy I logged into my Tesco Clubcard account for the first time. Sitting in my draw at home I had £17.50 of clubcard vouchers that I was saving up to exchange. So I log in and look at active vouchers...£30 worth, some dating back to 2009!!!

So I then open a new internet window and go to the Rewards section, search for American Golf (because it is cunningly hidden) and order some AG vouchers. Tesco double the value of your rewards, which many of you already know. So I now have a £60 voucher to spend at American Golf (well I will in a week when it comes through the post).

Mmmm now what to spend it on!

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oi! :( I'll have you know my long game is getting better Grandad. Don't forget that while you were knobbing it round with Mark Roe, listening to Heaven 17 and wearing leg warmers I was in nappies :D

Careful, he'll set Airwolf on you.... :eek:

My Mrs has given me £100 of our Tesco CC vouchers to convert, so £200 of AG vouchers for me. Happy days. Every little helps!

S

Snelly

:D

If not Airwolf then Blue Thunder, Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Manimal or the Terrahawks!

For £60, I would go for some Stromberg trousers. I bought a couple of pairs and they are really nice. Plus the brand shares it's name with the villain from The Spy Who Loved Me so if you are having a bad day, you can remind yourself of Barbara Bach to make life seem better....

barbara-bach.jpg

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I'm thinking of trousers but probably Under Armour as they fit me better than Strombergs. Monty what are you spending your spondoolies on? And Murph worry not it's mainly petrol spend!

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Probably a new fairway wood for me Tiger. I'm really after a driver and fairway, but am loath to give AG ALL my business as I do regard them as the Tesco of golf who are in danger of putting the smaller stores out of business (oh the irony...)

So my plan is to go to a Pro shop or indie store for the analysis and shaft fitting, buy the driver from them, then take my specs to AG and buy the fairway with a clear conscience! May be enough left for a wedge, which may mysteriously become two wedges when the vouchers are topped up with cash which the good lady need never know about... the perfect crime.

I'll go with what the fitting tells me, but looks wise I'm tempted by the Ping G20 woods, and also the Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Black. Wedges, I'm hearing such good things about the MD Norman Drew wedges I may favour those over the more obvious Vokeys or Mizzies, saving a few quid into the bargain.

Looking forward to trying them all and enjoying the decision. Retail high coming up for me :cool:

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I got some of these recently also.

Birthday last month and I didn't really have much of an idea what to ask for then heard about these vouchers on the forum so mentioned it to the in-laws. Much better than a dodgy jumper or stuff that gets put straight in the cuboard.

Anyway I felt a bit bad about asking but they were really up for it and offered to get a job lot now so I can get my own Xmas pressie also :) :)

They were really very very generous as they didn't have much else they wanted to spend it on and gave me much more in voucher terms than we would normally spend in cash - these were then doubled and hey presto a trip to AG for me :)

Heading off next weekend - trouble is I have had to promise to not use part of whatever I buy until Xmas. Hmmm if its a new driver I could just avoid using the sweet spot - never bothered with it before:)

scottac20

Club Champion
Visit site
Didn't know about that - I've got £143.50 which doubles to £287! Just need to hide the vouchers from the wife and hope she doesn't notice! Not sure what to spend it on though

scottac20

Club Champion
Visit site
Don't really need a new driver as I've got a Ping I15 and haven't had anyone knock the ball past me when I've hit it decent. Could do with new irons - got mine custom fitted 5 years ago before the local pro had any equipment other than a sticker for the clubface and his eyes to tell him what I needed. Finding that my divots are occasionally deeper at the toe. Don't really trust AG to get this right though

gripitripit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd get another pair of shoes. Always good to have a spare pair in winter especially if you get to play both Saturday and Sunday

I currently have Dunlop shoes and while I have them a year they still are in good shape. I just would like a more comfortable pair. I am not too bothered about the trolley as I normally use a buggy as my playing partner cannot walk 18 holes.