Found this what do we think?

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
I was having a look at youtube finding a few Ernie Els videos to put on my phone, figured if I am going to try and emulate a swing it may as well be the Big Easy.

Anyway I came across this vid and had a watch. The hand position looks very strange on the demonstration and I have seen one or two players in my time look like this at address but always assumed it was wrong and they invariably hit poor shots.

[video=youtube;LXQ6VcdBa1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXQ6VcdBa1w[/video]

So what would be the drawbacks to holding and swinging like this? Is it overcoming one problem of back injuries but opening up several more potential swing faults and compensations?

I was intrigued so had a go in the garden and it felt a lot less awkward than I assumed from how it looked.

So what do we reckon?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My totally unqualified unprofessional opinion is that it's junk.

Moe Norman is the only professional golfer I've ever seen get anywhere near to on plane at address. Granted he was unbelievably accurate, but if it was that good there'd be pro's doing it.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Yellow lines, especially on the 20 degree downswing do not actually line up with the spine angle. So the deduction isn't accurate!!