Found balls...

DO YOU BELIEVE IN CUSTOM FITTING

• Hell yeah baby CUSTOM FITTING RULES !!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My name is DIVOT/BIRDIEMAN etc!!!/NO MVP has Lost the plot Fitting is a con!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
When playing golf last Friday I found myself in a very strange place, I was walking through some cabbage and every step I took I found a ball, now being a moral type of player I considered handing them in to the Pro to help with the noobs on the range, but I didn't and they ended up in my practice ball bag with the rest of the Topflites/Dunlops/Maxfi I usually find when losing an AD333.

I have two questions for the forum 1) What happens to the balls you find & 2) Why do we lose a Pro V and find a TopFlite?

Mine is I seem to pretend I have dropped one or played a second ball and then pocket said ball and I seem to find lower grade balls due to playing a municipal!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Leave the crap topflites unless I have a hard shot over water next, might put it in my pocket to try a new shape of shot over water etc.

If you play a cheap course your going to find cheap balls.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only lift Pro v's I would put anything else in my bag.
sometimes I would keep a nike for my 11 year old son, but you dont find to many of them either.

Who on earth would hand them in.

I'm hoping some of our more generous member's will hand over some old ball's they have lying about for our junior's to use on the practice ground. I shall be putting up a sign very shortly in the club house.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
If you play a cheap course your going to find cheap balls.

True but I use AD333 and there are some "snobs" on the course and I have found the odd Pro V. I guess thats the bonus for using cheap balls and that is whatever ball you find is better ;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would happily hand them in if I knew they were going to help a good cause like the juniors but never seen a club in my area ask for them for such a purpose.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
If I find a decent ball on the course i'll stick it in the bag for re use. If it's a crappy 'bullet proof' thing then it'll end up in the practise bag. I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty for picking them up as i've lost loads of balls myself over the years so what goes around comes around as far as i'm concerned.

DHM.

Craigy_Mac

Medal Winner
Visit site
You wont find as many better balls because genarally better players use them and dont loose as many. Any ball i find i leave on edge of fairway for following golfer to pocket.
There is only 2 balls in golf, pro v1 & pro v1x.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Personally, I think we have an obligation to pick them up if we have certified that the ball is not 'in play' from someone else.

It increases the chances of you only finding your ball (less of them in the hay) and reduces the chances of people cheating (playing what they find).

I would like to see some sort of drop-off facility though. I'd sooner hit a bucket with Top-Flites, Dunlops et al. than the rubbery crap that tends to be found on ranges.

At the moment, they go in my winter bag and are the balls I tend to play with over the muddy months of winter. This being my first year back of golfing, I've not quite been ready this winter to carry on using my NXTs...next year though...

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can almost guarantee finding a Pro V, posers ball :rolleyes:!
I'm now a lot more selective, bricks I leave now behind or take pleasure in smacking them into the lake - get the things out of circulation.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Recently id say im on a 50-50 with finding balls, half are actually provs or hx tours that I consider my kind of ball, the rest go into the practice bag for swing practice.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Yeah I have a couple of tubes of found balls that I use for practice, I also have a box of top flites I bought from ebay when a golf noob and didnt know any better which are also used as practice balls. I was just thinking, you know in the Pro shop and every shop has one of the "lake ball" buckets or used ball bucket, maybe they are the ones handed in!!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I keep the top brands that I find (snob), and we have a bucket outside the changing rooms for balls for the Junior section to have lessons with which gets the rest. This bucket also gets balls that I have worn the newness off (5 rounds normally does this).

The ironic bit, is that although the balls which I put in the bucket are mine, the pro won't lend me any of these back if I want to have a quick hit in the indoor net.

Tight b.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Same as everyone else use found crappy balls for practice, I never seem to find many decent ones but lose plenty.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
This bucket also gets balls that I have worn the newness off (5 rounds normally does this).

What does a 5 rounder look like??????

5 rounder golf balls are a bit like hens teeth. Aint ever seen one.

I pick the good ones and chuck the spuds into the deepest bonsai so nobody trips on them.

In regards to loosing a Pro V1 and finding a top flite, that just about sums up life. I know guys who married ProV1's and they end up like Molitors ;)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
lol I like your sig madandra, as someone of ermm mature years what is your experience on Srixon irons? I am looking at the I-601 but I see they have a new set out.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Parmo, I have never actually clapped eyes on them but a few months ago someone said they traded from Srixon to some other brand and to a man everyone raved about the Srixons. Make a post, sit back and indulge in folks experiences.

Good luck.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Pro V or NXT goes in the bag to be played with.

Anything else goes in the practise bag, reason is that if I hit my last ball poorly at the range I have another ball to hit, I have a superstition of not finishing on a bad shot.