Forum Rules

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Hi GM Forum (F.U.G.S) Hope we are all well and enjoying the weekend.

I have logged on today to bad language, posts I find inappropriate and several heated arguments can we all agree on some ground rules. Those who deviate from these should then be warned and repeat offenders asked politely to leave, just like they would in a “normal” golf clubhouse. What you reckon?

1) No bad language
2) No name calling, insults etc

Hopefully GM will support this movement and take appropriate action if needed.

Over to you guys……………..

Does this mean we can have:-

1 - No group attacks on other members
2 - No sobbish behaviour.

To be honest, saying people can not swear because of children, isnt it more to the point the fact that their parents should have control over what they are doing rather the rest of society walk on egg shells as not to offend soon to be chavs? Htl, you are one of the worst for jumping on bandwagons attacking other members, I find this whole thread ironic.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Live and let live, no blatant swearies though and we'll all get along fine.
PMs are for personal/private messages so if there are any disputes, keep arguments for pms, noone wants to read someone elses bitching.

Cant we all just get along? :D

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
isnt it more to the point the fact that their parents should have control over what they are doing rather the rest of society walk on egg shells as not to offend soon to be chavs?

Good point Parmo, then again, I think most parents would <u>assume</u> that a golf forum would be similar to a golf clubhouse where people behave in a civilised manner rather than resorting to foul mouthed ungentlemanly behaviour. There are some keen, good young golfers out there. The last thing their parents wish to see them reading is a group of fellow golfers writing unsavoury comments.
Up to the individual though, I do believe there should be some sort of filter which blots out the bad language.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One other point, just to put the cat amongest the pidgeons. Does it matter if threads deviate from 'golf'? I think it gives us a more diverse variety of topics, and more insight into each others views and character. If you don't wish to add to to the thread then don't, nobodies forcing you. But there are only so many times you can cover (eg. balls, drivers etc) in one week.
I think we should stick to golf - the 'out-of-bounds' forum was started specifically for those want to talk about football, cars etc.
On the language issue,the odd *** expletive is fine by me, but like someone said, there are some words you just don't want to hear or see. I was grateful to someone who warned me off a post some weeks ago because of the language used.

AliB

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you feel that way Parmo you have my unmitigated apology, however, before you begin to pontificate over my actions and personality please consider my feelings.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
One other point, just to put the cat amongest the pidgeons. Does it matter if threads deviate from 'golf'? I think it gives us a more diverse variety of topics, and more insight into each others views and character. If you don't wish to add to to the thread then don't, nobodies forcing you. But there are only so many times you can cover (eg. balls, drivers etc) in one week.
I think we should stick to golf - the 'out-of-bounds' forum was started specifically for those want to talk about football, cars etc.
On the language issue,the odd *** expletive is fine by me, but like someone said, there are some words you just don't want to hear or see. I was grateful to someone who warned me off a post some weeks ago because of the language used.

AliB

Once again taken out of context. Maybe it's the way I type? I am not suggesting that anyone should start a topic on cooking or whatever on here, but if the 'conversation' comes round to it in an existing thread why not? It's not 'hi-jacking' when it happens like this, it's just a logical progression of a topic. If it kills it dead then so what? If it continues, fine. Don't post then.

Most regulars on here know what the others like in terms of balls, clubs etc, and to a certain extent predict what each other will say. Which does make the strictly golf throughout a thread a tad tedious.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Thats a rubbish argument about people who swear having no grasp over the english language. Its as bad as woofters when they say you're not comfortable with your own sexuality if you say you don't like Graham Norton. But what the hell - I pwomise not to swear any more. Please don't hate me, I've got no other mates.