Forum Opportunity - free lesson with a Top25 Coach

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

I'm looking for four readers who are struggling with an element of their game to have a free lesson with renowned Golf Monthly Top 25 coach Barney Puttick - the resulting feature appear in the 'Help!' feature in the magazine so you need to be happy to be featured in GM

Venue for the lesson will be Ashdown West GC in Sussex and the date is Friday August 31

Sessions will be 90 minutes per person that'll include the lesson itself and then some photography/filming

To be considered for this you need to be free on August 31, able to get to Ashdown and little flexible on timings

You'll also need to fill out the below details and email me michael.harris@ti-media.com with the below info and
‘Help - Reader Lesson' as the subject line.

Name
Forum name (if applicable)
Home Club (if applicable)
Handicap (if applicable)
contact number
a few sentences on what you are struggling with at the moment
Preferred lesson time AM or PM

I'll inform those selected by Tuesday August 14

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very happy to have been selected for this, Hope Barney enjoys a challenge

Thanks Mike 👍

"Sessions will be 90 minutes per person that'll include the lesson itself and then some photography/filming"

Did you see this bit Phil??…….. That's a long time to smile, look happy & concentrate...… can't wait for the photos :D

D

Deleted member 18121

I'm one of the lucky 4 as well.... depending on our lesson timings and weather etc could be worth considering a cheeky round or 9 holes if anyone is game.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done gents. I recommend spending 90 mins with a top coach, FOC courtesy of GM & then ignore everything he says. Just ‘plow your own furrow’!!! Works for some 🤣🤣🤣

D

Deleted member 1418

Well done gents. I recommend spending 90 mins with a top coach, FOC courtesy of GM & then ignore everything he says. Just ‘plow your own furrow’!!! Works for some

Yeah but everything's better on the internet!! ;) :D

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Well done gents. I recommend spending 90 mins with a top coach, FOC courtesy of GM & then ignore everything he says. Just ‘plow your own furrow’!!! Works for some 🤣🤣🤣

You be a bad man Rodders 🙃
Each to their own, but personally you’d need to be a bit bonkers to totally ignore their advice, especially if everyone else thinks they are talking sense.

I will have my ears and eyes open and hope to learn a lot
👍

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Really good day at Ashdown West with Barney Puttick, not going to post too much as don’t want to pre empty the magazine article, but some very good learning points to be incorporated into my game and some hard work to do.

Thanks to Barney and Jezz and Mike for putting me up for this 👍

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Really good day at Ashdown West with Barney Puttick, not going to post too much as don’t want to pre empty the magazine article, but some very good learning points to be incorporated into my game and some hard work to do.

Thanks to Barney and Jezz and Mike for putting me up for this 👍
Presume Barney is in a state of shock after seeing your swing. Hope he gets the help he deserves.:eek:

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Presume Barney is in a state of shock after seeing your swing. Hope he gets the help he deserves.:eek:

Actually he was very complimentary about my stance, set up, grip and ball position, it’s everything beyond takeaway that needs work.

I didn’t see him slump into a gibbering wreck , but he may well be calling his shrink 😂😂

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was also one of the 4 lucky recipients of the lesson with Barney! More than anything else, it was a real pleasure to be involved in! Both Barney and Jezz were gentlemen and went out of their way to make sure it was a beneficial experience. I have two drills to work on, but really felt that I gained a lot from the instruction especially as it was my first ever lesson! It was good to finally see a video and be told certain things about my swing! Thanks again to all involved, it has given me confidence that I can hopefully take to the course. Looking forward to the splash now

D

Deleted member 18121

Glad everyone else had a good experience, I was first off at 9am and only just made it due to a crash closing a main road off for me on the way.....as the others have said, Jezz, Barney and the photographer were all great and put me at ease.

It was my first ever lesson and to be honest I was quite worried as I know a couple of bits of my swing/grip are pretty awful and I was worried that I'd be taught "textbook" golf, but Barney was great with my and even quite complimentary. I too have got a couple of drills to work on and started straight away on Saturday on the range....so far so good.

Now lets hope the photographer has got some good angles of me to shave 6/7 stone off my physique!