Forum meets 2021

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Wow.... some blast from the past there Nick.
Yeah it certainly wasn't an 'on the day thing' as Robin made an appearance & from that, led to a close friendship with RickG. It could well have been Robin who got the Team hats & shirts supplied before things 'deteriorated'.
I think the 'Blackball' against BomberHarris would explain the disappearance of the pre-match 'banter' thread :unsure: that, as usual, got out of hand. He & Doley brought about the 'ruination' of the HDIDo Forum as well as plenty of trouble on GM....... GM, such a well-controlled, polite discussion area now.. haha.
Was a fun day with folk travelling up from Hereford (Simon & Juggles), Bournemouth (PaperBoy & AlanV) & me & Galbraith down from Leeds. So many memorable meets!!

Yes indeed Dave, a fine day, apart from the result!
You're probably right about the disappearance of the pre-match thread, a shame things sometimes go the way they do and some people seem to delight in stirring the :poop:.

What other forums are still going strong. Think we need to call them out for a match (team uniforms mandatory of course)

I played for Golf Magic in the battle of the "GM" forums at Forest Pines around 2010, that was where I first met Rickg, we fought an honourable half in the singles.
Golf Magic was another forum that's now long gone.

Edit: The only other active forum I can think of is GolfWRX, mostly American but quite a few members from the UK, but I bet most are also members of the GM forum.

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes indeed Dave, a fine day, apart from the result!
You're probably right about the disappearance of the pre-match thread, a shame things sometimes go the way they do and some people seem to delight in stirring the :poop:.

I played for Golf Magic in the battle of the "GM" forums at Forest Pines around 2010, that was where I first met Rickg, we fought an honourable half in the singles.
Golf Magic was another forum that's now long gone.

Edit: The only other active forum I can think of is GolfWRX, mostly American but quite a few members from the UK, but I bet most are also members of the GM forum.

I’m on golfwrx but not a great fan it’s more of a peeing contest as to who’s the longest or who changes their clubs every week when a new one comes out

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a look on the No Laying Up forum (think the call it the nest). Posted a bit, but it is very American, however there is a solid UK following who have their own thread for meets and arranging games. Seem like a decent bunch.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
D

Deleted Member 1156

What other forums are still going strong. Think we need to call them out for a match (team uniforms mandatory of course)
There is a forum called V2 that was formed when the BBC closed down their multi sport 606 forum. Not sure how active it is though.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i remember there was some real niggle for the match you had down south, when we had the match against them at Blairgowrie, it was very good natured, even though we got hammered. and TBH Bomber and Doyley were two of the nices guys you could every meet face to face.
The niggle was all Bomber & Doyley winding folk up pre-match on the GM forum even though Doyley wasn't playing..... what a pair of keyboard-warriors they were/are. Yeah fine to play with... Bomber & I were in fact partners on that day. Even had a day with him later in the year between Xmas & New Year up on Leven Links with some others of the HDIDo crowd.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The niggle was all Bomber & Doyley winding folk up pre-match on the GM forum even though Doyley wasn't playing..... what a pair of keyboard-warriors they were/are. Yeah fine to play with... Bomber & I were in fact partners on that day. Even had a day with him later in the year between Xmas & New Year up on Leven Links with some others of the HDIDo crowd.
Dave, do you see anything of Steve Galbraith? If i remeber correctly, i'm sure Fish organised a normal HDID meet and never made it to the event. I think it was the one in Cheshire. Great guy though, he was a fantastic host to me not long after he had joined Coventry GC.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dave, do you see anything of Steve Galbraith? If i remeber correctly, i'm sure Fish organised a normal HDID meet and never made it to the event. I think it was the one in Cheshire. Great guy though, he was a fantastic host to me not long after he had joined Coventry GC.
Hosted Steve at Shifnal when he was down working local, he's a member up North now ?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Stevie.... Yes i see Silver at least once a year as he's Captain of the Horsforth Tigers Team & gonna be even more involved this next year as Competitions Sec. He's down to 6.5 HI so has stopped taking divots with his driver.. hahaha. As keen as ever.
We'll have to fix up a get together game if you're still getting up this way to family. All the best.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i played against Bomber in the match against HDID and i went to the thing at leven too, Doyley was on here a long time before the HDIDO games and even used to play in the Eng V Scotland Ryder cup games at Goswick which is where i first knew him from. i don't think he's posted for some time though

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ah The Ryder Cup games, think the last one was in 2011 where we got banned for playing 12 down the last hole. That was because every one was loosing their ball in that expanse of rough between the first and the eighteenth. John Croy has a video up on utube somewhere.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ah The Ryder Cup games, think the last one was in 2011 where we got banned for playing 12 down the last hole. That was because every one was loosing their ball in that expanse of rough between the first and the eighteenth. John Croy has a video up on utube somewhere.

and as if by magic...

i though it was because it was so slow groups joined up on the tee on 18 as the green was drivable that day, some Goswick member came on here afterwards complaing about it and Dodger gave him what for:LOL:

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was just that, everyone attempting to drive the green and the wind taking the balls into the rough. In our group only one drove the green and I waited untill the others played through and then sunk the chip for a 2 net 1.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, I was part of the famous 8 ball. It was just bad communication really. 2 groups on the last tee and everyone agreed to drive and then one 4 ball would finish the hole, followed by the other. Trouble is, we did not agree which 4 ball would play their second shots first and so it ended up as an 8 ball down the last. It was all done with the intention of clearing the hole quicker for those behind but did not quite work like that.

D

Deleted member 3432

and as if by magic...

i though it was because it was so slow groups joined up on the tee on 18 as the green was drivable that day, some Goswick member came on here afterwards complaing about it and Dodger gave him what for:LOL:

Dodger, now thats a blast from the past.

Did me a good deal at Hirsel when I was over that way.