Forum meets 2021

D

Deleted member 15344

Afternoon Mark

the forum has had lots of meets over the years at various levels

King of Kings - a local meet at various areas was arranged by forumers - south , south west, midlands , north , Scotland and then the winners all went to one place to find an overall winner.

H4H - each year Richart and his helpers arrange one day at a course around Surrey, Hants etc - added onto that day there is sometimes smaller meets either side - the H4H day normally has around 100

Smaller meets include various trips that have been organised by LQ

Scotland North East , Turnberry etc , Kent Links trip , The Hebrides and a couple of trips to Sunningdale

Each year there is a “Old vs Young” at Forest Pines

Then amongst all that there is the odd one day or sometimes two day where 20/30 go and play a course - ie Woking and New Zealand GC or Cooden Beach

We have also in the past had days out at Woburn etc

D

Deleted member 17920

After;)noon Mark

the forum has had lots of meets over the years at various levels

King of Kings - a local meet at various areas was arranged by forumers - south , south west, midlands , north , Scotland and then the winners all went to one place to find an overall winner.

H4H - each year Richart and his helpers arrange one day at a course around Surrey, Hants etc - added onto that day there is sometimes smaller meets either side - the H4H day normally has around 100

Smaller meets include various trips that have been organised by LQ

Scotland North East , Turnberry etc , Kent Links trip , The Hebrides and a couple of trips to Sunningdale

Each year there is a “Old vs Young” at Forest Pines

Then amongst all that there is the odd one day or sometimes two day where 20/30 go and play a course - ie Woking and New Zealand GC or Cooden Beach

We have also in the past had days out at Woburn etc
Smaller meets???

128 at Sunningdale last year.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great, I saw the Woking day on a thread. How many play in these days?

200 say they will, to see their name on a list.

140 will still say they will when you ask for money.

90 will actually send you money.

70-80 will actually play by the time it gets to it.

We had about 30 odd when we got a good deal at Alwoodley, may have been about 2015.(y)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the old days, GM organised a couple of meets. Very first one was at the Belfry over 2 days, PGA National then Brabazon. That must be 10 years or more ago now though. After that there was the GM arranged meet at Hillside, a cracking night before and day at Hillside that was. After that, the forum members took over arranging meets with GM involved in of them (HFH especially). Then there was the Centenary event organised by GM, various regional qualifying rounds and a final for the winners of each one.

D

Deleted member 17920

200 say they will, to see their name on a list.

140 will still say they will when you ask for money.

90 will actually send you money.

70-80 will actually play by the time it gets to it.

We had about 30 odd when we got a good deal at Alwoodley, may have been about 2015.(y)
Completely true.

The amount that stick there name down from the start to who actually goes is eyewatering.

D

Deleted member 25172

We played as 8 balls :cool:

We got that many as we had 66 the time before.

I think we will do Sunningdale again soon and I suspect we will get 128 again.

Soon? Soon as in summer of 2022 at the earliest soon I hope. I need to plant a few more money trees otherwise! And now you've also awoken the devil in me regarding Lofoten.

Bread and water on the menu from now on.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To have something much needed to look forward to just wanted to pick your collective brains about what's happened in the past for these types of meet ups.

The ideal would be to try and arrange a couple of days - maybe one north and one south? with some subsidised green fees. It might not be 36 holes
at Sunningdale for £40 (with sausage sandwiches and apple crumble thrown in) but hopefully we could sort something decent for not too much.

Just to have an idea and something to plan towards..

Where have these happened historically?
How many played in each one, roughly?
How many would be keen - just a very general show of hands?
And where would you be coming from?

We can look at dates, formats and drinks orders when we have some sort of idea when we can actually leave our houses let alone tip lager tops into our respective
heads after 26 points.

Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark.... Since moving to Wike GC & getting involved with the forum in 2012 I've attended Forum-meets all over the UK but, of late, have decided to, generally, stay much nearer home. Other than those organized by the NW guys there have been few North-of-England meets.... in the past, there's not been that many 'North-of-Englanders' active on the Forum though, of late, there's a few more getting involved.
About 7 or 8 years ago I created this 'Trophy' lol...... & initiated the Yarkshire V NE matches played at Wike, Alwoodley, Wynyard & Cleveland GC with some 20 to 30 participants. It was a real fun meet with lots of 'Plastic' Georgies & Tykes who happily traveled for the craic.
It's 3-1 to the NE but Yorkshire currently holds it. Has not been played for some 4 years or so but could be resurrected if needed though a 'good' course like Moortown/Ganton wouldn't need further attraction...... they'd come from all over. I'd guess that an, in season weekend of these 2 would attract some 40 or 50 folk. As someone has already said... "For a good deal on a good course folk will travel far"...... good luck as this area needs another good meet. :):)
Trophy.jpg