Formby/Royal Liverpool Dunghill cup new joint thread March 16/17th

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Many thanks Pete & Scott for an excellent Meet...... 2 days golf on brilliant courses with entertaining company & all in very good weather conditions for the time of year. Also was most impressed with night out in Liverpool.... Excellent beer and some really good pubs along with the superb craic you get from scousers where ever you meet them. Very amusing people:thup:

Cheers Davey, I could take you in another 40 boozers around Liverpool, that were like them ones. Glad you enjoyed them.

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
big thanks to everyone i met ,i might of bored a few , but had a time, was made to feel really wel cum by the lads and the locals.

great bunch of lads with a great sense of humour , next north west meet put me down if im allowed on it x

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great couple of days thanks to both Birchy and LB for organising the two days of golf and the Sunday night out round Liverpool, had a great time, also well done to Junior for winning the overall comp.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Big thank you to Scott & Pete for a well organised 2 days :thup:

Thank you for the good company I shared with Dave, Pete & Louise at Formby and then Graham, Dave and Louise at Royal Liverpool. Pete and I lost the bits to Dave & Louise on day 1 but I won them back on day 2 ;)

I loved the course at Formby and preferred it to Royal Liverpool. Formby had everything for me, its almost unique with its links and pine tree's and then heather lined fairways offering a complete visual package and the holes were far more memorable to those at Royal Liverpool which came across a bit flat and monotonous towards the end. The clubhouse at the Royal was special though with all its history on display.

I struggled at times out there and on these courses which are ranked very high in the country you can't allow a bad shot or hole to get to you or it will tear you up, there's certainly nowhere to hide and I found myself a little out of my depth and comfort zone at times, more so on the Royal, but thoroughly enjoyed myself and the experience but was I exhausted when I came off after 2 days.

Took 3 hours to get home in heavy traffic and I hit the sack as soon as I got in, I'm totally drained!

Pictures, banter and stories will be posted on the other thread as soon as they load up off my phone.

Once again, thank you to Scott & Pete, great to meet and put more faces to forum names and well done Andy on 2 excellent individual and aggregate scores on 2 very tough and demanding tracks to take the spoils and well done to everyone else who picked up some prizes :clap:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all the thanks!

It is nice to get a bit of feedback and see that everyone enjoyed themselves. I know that meeting people from the forum is a good thing and playing is what were all there for, but having a few beers or even sharing a brekky definitely cements future friendships. I know it can't always be done, and I'm sure I'll sometimes have to duck out, but for any future meets organisers, that is the extra bit that makes it all special.

Glad you all arrived safe, and bring on the next one!

Cheers all. (No smiley needed)

LB

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all the thanks!

It is nice to get a bit of feedback and see that everyone enjoyed themselves. I know that meeting people from the forum is a good thing and playing is what were all there for, but having a few beers or even sharing a brekky definitely cements future friendships. I know it can't always be done, and I'm sure I'll sometimes have to duck out, but for any future meets organisers, that is the extra bit that makes it all special.

Glad you all arrived safe, and bring on the next one!

Cheers all. (No smiley needed)

LB

Here, here!!

The brekkies and the beers did help create a bigger bond between everyone as we got chance to talk to everybody rather than just the players in your tee groups etc. Next time we do an overnighter somewhere too we should try and organise digs closer together so it would be easier to go for a few beers :cheers:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are any of you guys looking at doing the Wirral Classic..... now that would be a good chance of a get together