Formby Hall - Membership

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning all!

I trust everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is (or has been) a Member of Formby Hall Golf Club?

I am potentially moving on from our place and I've been offered a pretty decent deal at Formby Hall. Now, my main area of concern is that I see Formby Hall as being more of a "Resort Type' of place. Generally plenty of society days and corporate's going out (IMO). The staff there seem excellent, and the course is always in decent condition, but I am a little worried about the above.

Any comments would be appreciated. Wouldn't want to sign up and discover that I can't get a game due to it being full of visitors / societies!

Cheers

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all!

I trust everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is (or has been) a Member of Formby Hall Golf Club?

I am potentially moving on from our place and I've been offered a pretty decent deal at Formby Hall. Now, my main area of concern is that I see Formby Hall as being more of a "Resort Type' of place. Generally plenty of society days and corporate's going out (IMO). The staff there seem excellent, and the course is always in decent condition, but I am a little worried about the above.

Any comments would be appreciated. Wouldn't want to sign up and discover that I can't get a game due to it being full of visitors / societies!

Cheers
Mate of mine left for this reason , booked his tee time in advance only to be told a society had booked in and he had to wait over an hour.
This happened to often so he went elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 1740

Just thinking about a change. Nothing major wrong with our place but not enjoying it as much of late.

Hows it looking there? Bit wet?

I like to play there now and again but I couldn't play there week in week out.

I'd stick with a members club over a resort curse.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Hows it looking there? Bit wet?

I like to play there now and again but I couldn't play there week in week out.

I'd stick with a members club over a resort curse.

You know what, it’s actually playing better than it ever has. Course is in great nick and the drainage is vastly improved.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You know what, it’s actually playing better than it ever has. Course is in great nick and the drainage is vastly improved.

I played there a few times this year, and found Southport Municipal to be less wet in some cases. I cannot see how their drainage has improved. It's quite a good course, and with it always being wet, is a test off the whites.

I'm not a member, but I'm amazed how easy it is to get a tee time there, and there doesn't seem to be much time set apart for members. The rounds I've played there this year were twilight rounds, around 3PM mostly. I have never got around there in less than 4 1/2 hours playing as a single, or a pair. The round times are stupidly long.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
if formby hall had been closer to liverpool i would have joined there no problem. much better than all the city courses.

the tee times thing would resolve itself in time.

DCB

Visit site
Played there on a weekend outing in May 2016. Whilst the course was busy, there was reserved tee times on the saturday for the members and they had tee reserved for a medal during the early afternoon.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Played there on a weekend outing in May 2016. Whilst the course was busy, there was reserved tee times on the saturday for the members and they had tee reserved for a medal during the early afternoon.

Members only times are currently before 09:00 on a weekday only. Nothing of a weekend. That's the biggest sticking point for me. I've asked the membership team there to confirm.

D

Deleted member 1740

if formby hall had been closer to liverpool i would have joined there no problem. much better than all the city courses.

the tee times thing would resolve itself in time.

I'd disagree with that Gaz. whilst it's a nice course it's a bit of a slog in places.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depending on how often and when you want to play, Formby Hall run a pmg membership. Nothing to lose, if you like it great, sign up properly when your points run out. If not, join west lancs with me :)

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Depending on how often and when you want to play, Formby Hall run a pmg membership. Nothing to lose, if you like it great, sign up properly when your points run out. If not, join west lancs with me :)

I went up there yesterday and to be honest I wasn’t impressed. Will not be joining there to be honest.

You joining West Lancs?!? I’ve got the proposers but not the joining fee - too much for me at the moment.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went up there yesterday and to be honest I wasn’t impressed. Will not be joining there to be honest.

You joining West Lancs?!? I’ve got the proposers but not the joining fee - too much for me at the moment.

go on... sting us with it... how much is the JF?

D

Deleted member 1740

Have got any kids you could sell?? :rofl: