Formby Hall - Membership

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve played Mossack Hall and found that enjoyable. Fairly easy if you’re playing well, hard if you’re playing bad.

Has very good drainage for the area as well, and I played with a few members who seemed decent guys.

I think they are low joining fee and about £1300 a year, but if you join at this time of year you get a couple of months free. Another one to think about!

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing mate, still there on the flexi. not sure I'd join up full time, to far to get full value for me

Mossack isn’t a bad track if that’s closer... H&P greens would drive me crazy but I liked it as a course.... ormskirk is nice, but harder to get into than west lancs!!!

D

Deleted member 1740

Is West lancs Full at those prices? Nice course but I'm surprised at the Fees Given the Competition further up the coast.

I don't think they're full but they're not struggling.

I think S&A works out about 1500 once you add the bar levy and clubhouse development levy, WL is 1750 with levy. Not too sure about the others though, if you've got to ask,you can't afford to join. :D

D

Deleted member 1740

Exactly how I felt as a visitor. Wasn’t impressed with them at all.

I might sell a kidney and lump up for West Lancs!

Do it Stegsie lad, you only live once la:thup:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't realise golf was so expensive in that neck of the woods. I'd struggle to play if it was that expensive here. Is e quality of course and clubhouse good in all these places being mentioned or are those prices just how it goes?

D

Deleted member 1740

Didn't realise golf was so expensive in that neck of the woods. I'd struggle to play if it was that expensive here. Is e quality of course and clubhouse good in all these places being mentioned or are those prices just how it goes?

These are top 100 links courses.

The rest of the city courses are all around £1k , only 2 have joining fees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

A decent track in the North West is circa £1000 a year. Some have joining fees, some dont. Head out towards the coast and you are looking at more for your formby, Wallasey, hillside, birkdale etc etc etc.
Some of none links are exclusive as well such as Delamere, ormskirk and sandiway.

D

Deleted member 1740

A decent track in the North West is circa £1000 a year. Some have joining fees, some dont. Head out towards the coast and you are looking at more for your formby, Wallasey, hillside, birkdale etc etc etc.
Some of none links are exclusive as well such as Delamere, ormskirk and sandiway.

It's these type of clubs who think they're better than they actually are.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Average in Northumberland is about £600-650. I can't compare the standard but I'm happy with where I play so that is enough. We are very lucky here in terms of pricing.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

The Ormskirk thing has always baffled me. Does anyone actually know why it's so difficult to get in and info on Fees etc, I'd kinda get it if was in a wealthy part of Cheshire.
I like the course and overall a great set up but I can't see why it's anymore difficult to get in than somewhere like Pleasington.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Ormskirk thing has always baffled me. Does anyone actually know why it's so difficult to get in and info on Fees etc, I'd kinda get it if was in a wealthy part of Cheshire.
I like the course and overall a great set up but I can't see why it's anymore difficult to get in than somewhere like Pleasington.

Yep! Totally agree! Ormskirk is nice, but it’s in the same league as Pleasington imo...

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Average in Northumberland is about £600-650. I can't compare the standard but I'm happy with where I play so that is enough. We are very lucky here in terms of pricing.

You tend to find that where there isnt big conurbations (or only a few spaced out in the NE) that the prices tend to come down. Go into North Wales, Cumbria and the likes and the price comes down sharpish.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Only guessing but not everyone loves links courses, so with that being inland where there is a dearth of "good" courses, may be one reason.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:D :D

It's a cracking course, but I'd heard it was very cliquey and not many comps. That came from a lad who joined as a member but was only there a couple of months and he went back to Lee Park.
He wasn’t a policeman by any chance was he.
He threatened one of the members over something allegedly.
Roumors were he was asked to leave, but nobody is admitting it, if it’s the lad I think it is he is a good friend of mine but very volatile.
Been on numerous golf holidays with him in USA.
I spent 25 yrs at lee park before moving it was the best thing I ever did for my golf .
Comps are sat and Thursday.
All clubs can be clique ,I have not found that and get on with all the lads great bunch .
Sometimes it’s the man not the rest of the members.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep! Totally agree! Ormskirk is nice, but it’s in the same league as Pleasington imo...
these two courses have gone downhill imo the last couple of years .
played both last year and not impressed would not rush back to either.

relying on past glories open qualifier not long ago .

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I'm looking at joining S&A - I'm 26, and their colt rate goes up to 30 apparently. For me it's still around £1,200 joining fee, and £1,000 a year (£700 membership, £150 clubhouse fee (for improvements or something) and £150 bar tax)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He wasn’t a policeman by any chance was he.
He threatened one of the members over something allegedly.
Roumors were he was asked to leave, but nobody is admitting it, if it’s the lad I think it is he is a good friend of mine but very volatile.
Been on numerous golf holidays with him in USA.
I spent 25 yrs at lee park before moving it was the best thing I ever did for my golf .
Comps are sat and Thursday.
All clubs can be clique ,I have not found that and get on with all the lads great bunch .
Sometimes it’s the man not the rest of the members.

Evertonian and cat 1?