Forgiving Driver

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Most forgiving driver I've used is a 3wood (metal, but you know what I mean)

At most its 10% down on distance but 50% down on dispersion!
Interestingly there was something from Game golf that showed for the average amateur player there was essentially no difference in dispersion but there was a loss of distance.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Interestingly there was something from Game golf that showed for the average amateur player there was essentially no difference in dispersion but there was a loss of distance.

I dunno if that means i'm an above average amateur... or below :whistle:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The driver I use has to be one of most forgiving in recent years - Ping G30 SF Tec. I have the 10° adjusted up to 11, but you can purchase a 12° also. The 'SF Tec' just means the weighting is designed to stop you fading the ball too much (which is a common problem in amateur golfers when driving of course). I was having a problem with too much fade which is why I got it, and it helped enormously.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I dunno if that means i'm an above average amateur... or below :whistle:
I have no idea but I guess people who take their game seriously enough to record it are on average at least decent golfers.
Must admit I always used to take a 3 wood but now I am so short I need the driver and the modern ones are easier to hit.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Anything that's a TM HL (high launch) - adjustable so can go from basically a powered up 3 wood down to about 11.5 so room to move down the loft as confidence increase etc

Although my TM Rocketballz one has now been replaced by my new XR speed 10.5. Found the lightweight head from the carbon fibre used really helped

Gazowen1555

Visit site
Hi, I sliced massively off the tee and recently bought a Callaway FT-IQ driver. It is amazing and my drives are silly long and mostly straight/draw but not sliced yet. It's 13 degree and absolutely killer