Forest of Dean - Decisions, decisions.....

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just booked to stay there in August for a week.

After a cursory look, have found a few mouth-watering options, but still glad of any advice. Possibly do two rounds whilst down there, one reasonably near, and can travel an hour or more for another. Any pointers for the following, or others:-

Rolls of Monmouth - very close to where we're staying, looks great, does a twilight rate.

Pyle & Kenfig - they have a pairs open on for £50 a pair, but would need a partner.

Royal Porthcawl - £130 normally, but have a Sunday twilight for £80.

Celtic manor - 2010 course. I do fancy playing this as went to the Ryder cup, so even if better courses about it is on the bucket list. Might still consider the other courses there though.

Pennard, Burnham and Berrow are other courses I fancy down there, or top courses within an hour and a half.

Suggestions, options, recommendations or fancy pairing up..... :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Was hoping it was the following week, I'm away at Gainsborough with the Smiffy crew then Coventry AM AM that week, shame, I needed an excuse to go the Burnham & Berrow to submit my paperwork for country membership.

Gotta watch that Dave lad, proper scally I've heard 😜

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was hoping it was the following week, I'm away at Gainsborough with the Smiffy crew then Coventry AM AM that week, shame, I needed an excuse to go the Burnham & Berrow to submit my paperwork for country membership.

Gotta watch that Dave lad, proper scally I've heard 

Shame matey, a partner for that pyle and Kenfig, would have been good.....with all the shots you get.:whoo:

Davey - glad its not just me then. :D

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you love parkland then it has to be Rolls of Monmouth.
Pennard for the Links golfers.

Personally I prefer Rolls of Monmouth.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you are thinking of playing Burnham and Berrow, I would recommend adding Weston Super Mare to your list. Only a short drive up the coast from Burnham On Sea. Played at WSM last year and really enjoyed the round. Friendly members, pro's and a nice easy course to walk!

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Depending on where and what day you are playing. I might be up for a round. Live in Bristol but only played a few courses around here, need to add a few more to the hit list, and never played a links before.

As for your search I've played the Montgomery at CM and a course in Coleford but can't remember the name. Boules or something along them lines.

Montgomery is a stunner.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pete let me know which day you fancy Burnham as I might be down visiting my parents that week so could join you :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Give me a call Pete if you need any pointers, I've played quite a few of those courses and all the links you are looking at :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Depending on where and what day you are playing. I might be up for a round. Live in Bristol but only played a few courses around here, need to add a few more to the hit list, and never played a links before.

As for your search I've played the Montgomery at CM and a course in Coleford but can't remember the name. Boules or something along them lines.

Montgomery is a stunner.

Pete let me know which day you fancy Burnham as I might be down visiting my parents that week so could join you :thup:

Give me a call Pete if you need any pointers, I've played quite a few of those courses and all the links you are looking at :thup:

Cheers all, will leave it until nearer the time, as obviously some may only be able to play during the evening or of a weekend, whereas I'll be on my hols, so may play one in the week during the day.

Thanks for the offers.:thup: