Forest of Arden tomorrow - Much cop?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I am at the Forest of Arden tomorrow on the championship course. It is any good? Has anyone been lately? What conditions is it in?

Lots of water? Lots of bunkers? Any info would be good thanks.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I am at the Forest of Arden tomorrow on the championship course. It is any good? Has anyone been lately? What conditions is it in?

Lots of water? Lots of bunkers? Any info would be good thanks.

I really enjoyed it, two distinct halves, plenty of variety, well 'ard deer on the back nine + a very expensive 1/2 way hut, you'll have fun. Enjoy

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Only a couple of minutes from my front door, greens will be fast, possibly around 12-13, some new hazards but if you haven't got a SkyCaddie you won't see them in advance :ears: Not a fan of the front 9 but like the back 9 very much.

Never find the place very personal though, very corporate and typical of a resort business course to a degree. You'll enjoy it and the weather here at present is excellent, enjoy :thup:

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Back nine is definetly the nicest part of the course, par 3 to finish always looks daunting, front nine has some tight tee shots (well they are for me) and take lots of money as spike bar is expensive, I stayed there for 3 days on a course and found out the main bar was slightly cheaper for drinks

Fish

Banned
Visit site
From what I remember the 2nd is a short hole wont need a driver , 3wood up the right with easy draw, short 2nd shot

3w is miles too big unless you want to cut the corner and even that could be too long, a simple 5i straight to the dog leg can leave another short iron in, personally I cut the corner with my 4w which leaves a wedge in.

It's a quirky hole and is most definitely a risk & reward tee shot.

Agent Pies

Assistant Pro
Visit site
3w is miles too big unless you want to cut the corner and even that could be too long, a simple 5i straight to the dog leg can leave another short iron in, personally I cut the corner with my 4w which leaves a wedge in.

It's a quirky hole and is most definitely a risk & reward tee shot.

Really? I took a 64 degree wedge (half swing & opened the face right up) and plopped it just on the fringe.

;)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Beautiful course Al.

17 and 18 are beautiful finishing holes.

There's a beauty of a par 3, all over water carry. Can't remember the hole.

Back 9 is the better half in my eyes but some of the scenery is stunning.

Have a great day pal :thup: