for our lurker pro (or anyone who knows)

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
bought myself a retro mizzy beryllium copper wedge, looking at it i would say its about 45 46 loft, how much loft can i add to it? im probably wanting it to go to 48 degrees. i will take it to my pro but was just wondering

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
bought myself a retro mizzy beryllium copper wedge, looking at it i would say its about 45 46 loft, how much loft can i add to it? im probably wanting it to go to 48 degrees. i will take it to my pro but was just wondering

If your pro has the facility to check loft and lie, I'd ask him to advise current loft first, the check the feasibility of bending it to your requirement.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
BeCu is softer than many of the steels used in clubs, though a fraction harder than 1025 that is the 'standard' for 'soft forged' these days.

Not produced these days because the production process was seriously carcinogenic!

Should be able to bend it up to 4 degrees, or maybe a shade more. Would suggest a couple of degrees at a time. Remember that for each additional degree of loft, you also add 1 degree of bounce. I doubt whether you would get anyone prepared to grind a BeCu wedge, as it's through inhalation that it's dangerous!