FootJoy Giveaway

Grizzly

Visit site
When I was a junior - and this is 20 odd years ago - I misjudged where I teed up on the 1st at Bedale. Struck my iron thin, into the tee marker. It looped back over my head and into the trees behind me. Yes, I managed to turn a 270 yard 1st into a 310 yard second!

Worst thing is, I'd convinced my girlfriend to caddy for me! :oops:

NearHull

Visit site
Just joined my new club after moving up the country. Thought I’d join the Seniors as a way to get to know a few members. Put my name down for an away match and was picked to pair up with the Captain. As tradition has it visiting Captain drove off first with me up second. The rest of the team keeping an eye out for the new boy‘s drive. Put down brand new Pro v1 and hooked it OOB over the road. Home team drove off, i take amother brand new Pro V1 and under the quiet gaze of the increased audience, hooked it again OOB over the road. Picked my bag and strode off in silence.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Hawkstone Park in a society day.
Game in front ,lad gets on the tee.
There’s a few whispers “ this lads good 2 hcap”
He topped it 5 yds
He looks behind him we’re all looking at the trees.
He creeps along the ground under the security cameras gets his ball and re tees .
Drives off no problem.
During lunch there’s an announcement “ we will be showing highlights of your tee shots”
Massive screes all around the room shows him hitting it ,crawling on the ground to retrieve his ball and replaying.
They had it on a loop and showed it all the way through lunch.
Great fun but the lad was mortified.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played a match at Woburn in the pouring rain..
We were supposed to be playing the Duchess but it was submerging so they put us on the Duke's instead.
First tee and my oppo strokes one several miles down the middle..
I tee up my ball and promptly toe it 45° into the forest...
Tee up another, take deep breath...and do exactly the same thing..
1 down without leaving the tee box...

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Many many moons ago.

Teeing off on the first at Queensbury GC. The tee is purched at the top of quite a steep hill, with the club house and its patio on the left (can you see where this is going) and half of West Yorkshire to the right.

Having a prominently push slice this was usually a very easy tee shot. However, on this particular day the golfing gods decided that a skied pull hook would be an appropriate tee shot.

As you can probably now imagine. My ball took on a lovely high arc to the laft and homed in on its target. The target it chose, just happened to be the table where 4 elderly gentleman were enjoying a post round pint in the sun. The tables at the time were cheap white plastic tables with no umbrella.

Cries of 'FORE LEFT' were screamed. But no one at the table moved.

Rather luckily, the ball hit dead centre on the table and didn't hit anyone. It did however cause all 4 pints of beer to jump about 6 inches in the air and spill beer everywhere. The poor old blokes jumped higher than their pints.

To say I was horrified is an understatement. Luckily the old guys saw the funny side of it and wouldn't even let me replace their beer.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seen a guy at Kirby GC in Liverpool.
16th tee hit his ball lovely shot but his club head landed on the M57.
He was stood there with just a shaft.
Impossible not to laugh ,he wasn’t happy.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I joined my current club, Scarcroft, just after lockdown had eased. My very first round, 2-balls under the watchful eye of the head pro acting as starter, I pulled my drive on the first straight into the hedge on the left bordering the road, about 150 yards down the fairway, I then proceeded to pull my provisionial to just sunder the hedge at about the same distance. Embarressed trudge up the fairway to hack my 4th shot into the fairway whilst all my new clubmates waiting on the firt tee stood (socially distanced of course) and watched

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
These are hilarious, keep them coming. We can see if FootJoy might be up for sponsoring all of us some therapy

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate of mine hitting driver on The Mere in Chester way.
Range is a lake just hit balls in the lake.
Head come off his driver and was bobbing around in the lake.
We were on the floor laughing
The bolt had come loose.
Greenkeeper had a rowing boat and went out to get it for him.
He shot 2 under to win the comp.

D

Deleted member 1418

Used to go on a golf holiday every year to Mijas, just outside of Fuengirola. On the first day of golf I rocked up on the first after an all night drinking session (only went back to the apartment to change and pick up clubs).

After violently vomiting in a bush, I sliced my opening tee shot into the swimming pool of the hotel that ran along the right hand side of the hole.

My 3rd off the tee never made it past the ladies tee........... ?‍♂️?‍♂️??????

D

Deleted member 1740

Used to go on a golf holiday every year to Mijas, just outside of Fuengirola. On the first day of golf I rocked up on the first after an all night drinking session (only went back to the apartment to change and pick up clubs).

After violently vomiting in a bush, I sliced my opening tee shot into the swimming pool of the hotel that ran along the right hand side of the hole.

??? Was that Alhurain golf club?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site

Ha! I once let myself down in a fireplace at Palmares after an over-refreshed evening out and made 8 on the 1st