FootJoy Giveaway - Favourite Masters shot?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to put the "Tiger on 16th" argument into context - the thread ain't about the "greatest shot"; the OP asked about your favourite shot. They ain't necessarily the same.

My favourite was Spieth's second ball into the water. His first was, at the time, just an error and all pro's occasionally make them. In context of the competion, it was an important error but not fatal. But the second one! With me almost leaping out of my chair shouting "Oh my goodness, he's done it again" (ok, I may have tidied that up a little) I realised my £20 bet on Willett was a lot more significant than it had been 5 minutes earlier. Obviously it was not the greatest shot in Masters history - but do I care?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
It would be Sandy Lyle on his way to victory. Not the 7 iron but the putt on 18 to win - downhill break, what a putt and the celebration with the awkward jig and the big sweat patches under his armpits!!!! I was 11 and watching at home in Scotland with my dad - both non golfers and after that putt we dropped we both looked at each other and said 'why don't we give golf a go??' Met Sandy at a bar in Glasgow a number of years later and he was a class act, told him he was responsible for my many years of golfing struggles!

We have a winner! Well done. Sandy's class though he's pushed the clothing boundaries even for him this week with his very odd braces. Will be in touch

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We have a winner! Well done. Sandy's class though he's pushed the clothing boundaries even for him this week with his very odd braces. Will be in touch

I demand a recount, am setting up a crowd fund site to pay For me barristers in court ??

Well done golf Scot me man ?

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Danny Willet’s chip on 17 in the final round of the 2016 tournament. Not an easy shot but he played it to perfection and at a point where he knew he was in with a chance of his first major.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Please highlight where I said it was easy, because I cant see the use of that word anywhere in my post.

All I said was that it was over-rated.
Overrated,almost certainly! Great shot ...certainly - otherwise 'everybody' would have been making similar, like Rahm did today, skipping over the water as well!
The 'theatre' (or theater if you have a certain accent!) was the way the ball stopped with the Nike Log showing just before it fell in!
Certainly one of the most memorable shots though!