FootJoy AMA

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Belated huge thanks to James for his help with this and for sharing his knowledge and time for this, everyone gets nicely stuck into these so we'll try and organise something with another expert soon. Any suggestions welcome - thinking a club fitter would be good?

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
The point I was making was that if a shoe feels too big then try half a size down when going through the fitting process. We understand this causes golfers a bit of an inconvenience but the reality is that you might need a different size across different models to get the desired feel and fit. We offer free returns on the website so people can order a couple of sizes and send back the one which they don’t need.

Proof that advertising works; I needed some new golf shoes, have just ordered a few pairs (2 styles, 2 sizes in each) in different sizes from the Footjoy website and will return what I don't want. Wouldn't have thought of doing this otherwise. I may end up keeping one pair in each style. Impressed that they were ordered this morning and are already marked as despatched, despite selecting standard delivery. Also ordered some polo shirts a few days ago which ended up arriving next day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Proof that advertising works; I needed some new golf shoes, have just ordered a few pairs (2 styles, 2 sizes in each) in different sizes from the Footjoy website and will return what I don't want. Wouldn't have thought of doing this otherwise. I may end up keeping one pair in each style. Impressed that they were ordered this morning and are already marked as despatched, despite selecting standard delivery. Also ordered some polo shirts a few days ago which ended up arriving next day.
What's the extra cost in posting back three pairs of shoes though, potentially? Another 15 quid??

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
What's the extra cost in posting back three pairs of shoes though, potentially? Another 15 quid??

Good question, as that's why I'd never have thought to do this before.

But the cost is free. (At least, absorbed by the cost of the product!)

If I had paid for expedited delivery, or if I had had to pay a delivery charge (because the order was less than £50) the delivery cost would not be refunded, but the polo shirts came with a prepared label and really clear instructions on what to do, and so I expect the shoes will do the same. Only downside that I can see is having to pay upfront for the extra shoes, and the subsequent delay in the refund.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Free.

If I had paid for expedited delivery that would not be refunded, but the polo shirts came with a prepared label and really clear instructions on what to do. Only downside that I can see is having to pay upfront for the extra shoes, and the subsequent delay in the refund.
Oh right? I thought with a lot of companies it's only free return if there was a defect with it or something, my mistake.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, me too. One of the options on the "Return" paperwork was "wrong size".
Just because it has that as one of the reasons for a return, doesn't men they are required to refund you the cost of postage (as it is not a defect or their fault that it is being returned). You may find that you only get refunded the cost of the shoes. Not saying that will happen with FootJoy, but it is very common with a lot of distance selling.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Just because it has that as one of the reasons for a return, doesn't men they are required to refund you the cost of postage (as it is not a defect or their fault that it is being returned). You may find that you only get refunded the cost of the shoes. Not saying that will happen with FootJoy, but it is very common with a lot of distance selling.

Sorry, perhaps I've not been clear. For orders of £50 there is no postage cost for them to send me the goods. When I return any unwanted goods there is therefore no postage cost to refund, and as best as I can work out, I don't have to pay to send the unwanted goods back.

For orders under £50 there is a postage cost. There is also an exepdited postage cost if you select next day delivery. In that case, the postage cost is not refunded.

Good luck finding anything under £50 on the Footjoy website!

I feel like a company spokesman here, but I am absolutely not. If I have got any of this wrong I'll post an update.

EDIT:

Just carefully checked T&Cs. https://www.footjoy.co.uk/en_GB/returns.html As I said above, postage cost is not refunded, but it is likley you didn't pay one anyway, and the returns service is free.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Update here is ordered yesterday (Thursday) morning on standard delivery. I got an automated email from Footjoy to say they've been despatched on a 2 day delivery, so should expect them on Monday. The courier has just sent me an update to say they will be delivered today.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Final update: shoes arrived next day, despite selecting standard delivery. I kept two pairs, returned two pairs and today, 5 days after placing the order (including two weekend days) I’ve had notification from FootJoy of the returns received, and saying refund with me in 7-10 days.

Very impressed. Credit where it is due.