FootJoy AMA

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hi LT. The next launch for us will be our Autumn Winter '21 range. This features all our new rainwear where we have 3 different waterproof jackets for 3 distinct types of golfer. It's comfortably our best range to date with all performance needs and price points covered. In terms of shoes, we have some limited edition models coming to mark the Ryder Cup but the really exciting new footwear comes out in early 2022. We've got some great new styles and technologies including taking the BOA lacing technology to a new level. I can't divulge too much information at this stage but there's some really cool new models on the way - some you'd expect from FJ and some you wouldn't...

Got a pair of Boas ( from a rival company). They are the future ? if you need someone with 2 left feet and a Tash to try them on the course. Ave a good mate that fits the Bill. he’s an 8 ??

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Where do FJ feel they give back to the world of golf the most (e.g research on more environmental products, junior support), or is the focus on just producing the best products for golfers? Either answer is acceptable personally but just curious of the areas you don’t hear much about.
Wow there’s quite a lot to say here. As a company we put a lot into the grass roots of the game through our partnerships with governing bodies and charities such as the Golf Foundation. But we’ve always been committed to the elite players and provide a lot of help and support to those looking to make a career as a professional golfer. We have teams dedicated to the next generation. We are also the only equipment company signed up to the R&A’s Women in Golf Charter which helps to grow the women’s game but also helps provide more opportunities for women to work and succeed in the golf industry. But what is our biggest contribution? I’d say it’s our relentless obsession with innovation to bring products to the market that can enhance the golfer’s enjoyment of the game. The golfer is at the heart of everything we do. We find the right materials, processes and technologies to add more comfort, stability, durability, feel, grip and style for those who love the game just as much as we do.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I’d say it’s our relentless obsession with innovation to bring products to the market that can enhance the golfer’s enjoyment of the game. The golfer is at the heart of everything we do. We find the right materials, processes and technologies to add more comfort, stability, durability, feel, grip and style for those who love the game just as much as we do.

Why did you have to go and spoil it all with that marketing spiel?

;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Over the last couple of years FJ seem to be moving towards the modern style of shoes with the focus on comfort and the spikeless options - this year there seemed to be a shift and going back to the classic looking shoes which do look great but not so much in shorts - was there any reason why the shift ?

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Got a pair of Boas ( from a rival company). They are the future ? if you need someone with 2 left feet and a Tash to try them on the course. Ave a good mate that fits the Bill. he’s an 8 ??
We’ve seen huge success with the HyperFlex BOA - for the first time it outsold the laced option. Expect even more innovation from us in this area. We don’t do any pairs with two left feet though sadly.
Over the last couple of years FJ seem to be moving towards the modern style of shoes with the focus on comfort and the spikeless options - this year there seemed to be a shift and going back to the classic looking shoes which do look great but not so much in shorts - was there any reason why the sh
Over the last couple of years FJ seem to be moving towards the modern style of shoes with the focus on comfort and the spikeless options - this year there seemed to be a shift and going back to the classic looking shoes which do look great but not so much in shorts - was there any reason why the shift ?
Two really popular models for us - DryJoys Tour and Icon - hadn’t been updated for a few years. So we introduced Premiere Series for those golfers who wanted a classic look but also loads of modern performance benefits. We’re also celebrating 75 years as the No.1 shoe on tour so wanted to tap into some of that rich heritage that no other footwear brands in golf really have. However I wouldn’t say there was a switch. We also introduced HyperFlex this year which is on the opposite end of the spectrum - modern, youthful, athletic. And we’ve got models like Flex XP and Flex which have a similar look and feel - and all look great with shorts. So we very much feel like we’ve brought in a range that has something for everyone as opposed to a strategy focussing on one style of shoe or one particular golfer’s taste.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Welcome along to the forum James,

I suffer with Plantar fasciitis is there a specific shoe that would provide more support in this area?

Cheers

Midnight...
It's really hard to make recommendations without going through the full fitting process but it seems like maximum comfort and cushioning underfoot would be the way to go here. FJ Stratos and HyperFlex are probably the best starting point for you.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
I like a traditional shoe design but you only seem to make those at the top end of your price range, are there any plans to make a more affordable shoe looking like the old Classic style?
We introduced FJ Traditions for that very reason. It has the classic look but is very lightweight and comfortable and comes in at around £100 - £50 cheaper than Premiere Series. This has been our best-selling shoe online so far this year.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
What have FJ done or plan to do in regards to sustainability. Obviously climate change is a huge issue globally and the use of virgin products are not necessarily helping matters, especially in golf gear where a lot of plastics of different varieties will be used.

Have FJ looked at using recycled products, I have socks made from ocean plastic waste, or bamboo in your clothing range?

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Most of your men's clothing seems to be slim/athletic fit. Do you offer clothing in a loose/relaxed fit for the more fuller-figured golfer?
Hi. We do go up to XXL in most of our styles but a lot of our fashion clothing is in an athletic fit as standard. Most of our plain and block-colour shirts are in a more relaxed fit - or performance fit as we call it. If you’re ordering online we do free returns so if you’re buying direct from us it’s possible to try a few sizes and send back the ones which don’t fit.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
What have FJ done or plan to do in regards to sustainability. Obviously climate change is a huge issue globally and the use of virgin products are not necessarily helping matters, especially in golf gear where a lot of plastics of different varieties will be used.

Have FJ looked at using recycled products, I have socks made from ocean plastic waste, or bamboo in your clothing range?
Hi. This area is a massive focus for us moving forwards. Currently, all the plastic used for our clothing and glove packaging is all recyclable so it can go in with your household recycling. But we are trying to do much more.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Hi James thanks providing your time and knowledge!

Im a big BOA fan, and just wondered how footjoy plan on using boa? There are a few models that Id love to have Pro SL carbon for instance thst currently dont have boa as an option.

What would you suggest are the highest performing shoes footjoy produce with boa? I prefer performance over comfort!!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why is there so much variance in sizing between models with FJ. I love FJ shoes and can't see past them but buying them online is a bit of a minefield.
I currently have 5 pairs, my Dryjoy tours are size 9 (both pairs), my Hyperflex (first gen) are size 8, my Furys are size 8.5 and my Flex are size 8.

Just seems a bit mad for them to be so variable.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Hi James thanks providing your time and knowledge!

Im a big BOA fan, and just wondered how footjoy plan on using boa? There are a few models that Id love to have Pro SL carbon for instance thst currently dont have boa as an option.

What would you suggest are the highest performing shoes footjoy produce with boa? I prefer performance over comfort!!
Hi. The BOA lacing system has been added to Pro|SL Carbon - these were launched at the beginning of June. Available on our website and a few other online retailers but you won’t find many in pro shops. Next year we’ve got 3 or 4 new models that utilise BOA in different ways but you’ll have to wait for more details on that!

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Why is there so much variance in sizing between models with FJ. I love FJ shoes and can't see past them but buying them online is a bit of a minefield.
I currently have 5 pairs, my Dryjoy tours are size 9 (both pairs), my Hyperflex (first gen) are size 8, my Furys are size 8.5 and my Flex are size 8.

Just seems a bit mad for them to be so variable.
Like I said in a previous comment there’s a bit of a difference between fit and feel - that’s why it’s so important to go through that fitting process to try on different models. For a firmer shoe like DryJoys Tour some people will prefer a certain type of fit and feel. The mesh shoes like Flex and HyperFlex have a completely different feel and although they are the exact same size, some people will go down half a size to get the feel they are looking for. All our size 9s are the same size but some may feel bigger/smaller depending on the construction and the materials. Hope this makes sense.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Who's your favourite tour player to work with when it comes to clothing?
We love working with Bernd Wiesberger because he’s such a massive brand fan and loves all the FJ clothing available to him. The fit and the styles are right up his street so he always feels like he has plenty of clothing options week in, week out. We work with him very closely around the major championships to pick outfits for each of the four days and he really enjoys that process too. Rafa is great to work with on photo shoots because he looks so good in the product and is a really nice laid back guy to work with - he’s just not the best at answering his phone/emails!!