FootJoy AMA

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
For the next two days we have James Savage from FootJoy joining us to answer all your queries about shoes, gloves, clothing (and even socks) in another Ask Me Anything. If you’re looking for first-hand advice on fit, looks, value or interested in what the tour players' preferences are then post your questions and James will do his best to answer.

That's not all, those of you asking questions will be entered into a draw for a chance to win a spot FootJoy prize!

You can start to leave your questions from now... thanks

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

[FootJoy AMA](“Sweepstakes”) begins at 0600 British Summer Time (“BST”) on July 7 and ends at 1800 BST on July 8 (“Sweepstakes Period”).

ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to those 18 or older. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Future PLC (“Sponsor”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.

HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit your entry during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the directions to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entrants can only obtain one entry. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with these Official Rules.

- Put forward a relevant question, in keeping with our community guidelines, within this thread for a chance to be picked as a winner.

Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entrants can only obtain an entry for any Entry Action one (1) time. No entrant can earn more than one (1) entries in this Sweepstakes. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry and remove any post that it determines, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with these Official Rules.

WINNER DETERMINATION: Potential winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing on or about 12.7.2021 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to winner determination are final and binding.

WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be contacted via direct forum message and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release (except where prohibited), and a liability release within five (5) days of date of issuance. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.

Prize Three premium FootJoy gloves

Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winners may not substitute a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/email address/household.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission from entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, social media username, city and state of residence and likeness (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein.

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to assume all risk, responsibility and liability for any personal bodily injury, losses, harm, damage (including, without limitation, property damage,personal injury and death), claim (including, without limitation, claims based on copyright or trademark infringement, rights of publicity or privacy,defamation and portrayal in a false light), actions, costs and expenses directly or indirectly arising from participation in this Sweepstakes; and (c) to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor and the irrespective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors,shareholders, members, agents and employees and their successors and assigns(collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the operation of this Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance or use of the prize. Released Parties are not responsible for (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate,stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Entry Actions, entries,tweets or comments or messages; (ii) lost, interrupted or unavailable network,server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections,availability or accessibility or miscommunications; (iii) failed computer,satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; (iv)jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (v) other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Entry Action or Sweepstakes-related materials; (vi) any incorrect or inaccurate information,whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or (vii) injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or a Sponsor page or social media account, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) and if terminated,at its discretion, select winner at random from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.

This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, aged 18 or older.

UK PARTICIPANTS ONLY: Nothing in these Official Rules limits or excludes any entity in terms of liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or for any other liability which cannot as a matter of law be limited or excluded.

DATA COLLECTION: Information submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes will be used in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Policy, available at https://www.futureplc.com/privacy-policy/

WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners will be posted on the Sweepstakes Entry Page following the end of the Sweepstakes.

Sponsor: Future PLC, 11 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036
Savage.jpg

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Hi LT. The next launch for us will be our Autumn Winter '21 range. This features all our new rainwear where we have 3 different waterproof jackets for 3 distinct types of golfer. It's comfortably our best range to date with all performance needs and price points covered. In terms of shoes, we have some limited edition models coming to mark the Ryder Cup but the really exciting new footwear comes out in early 2022. We've got some great new styles and technologies including taking the BOA lacing technology to a new level. I can't divulge too much information at this stage but there's some really cool new models on the way - some you'd expect from FJ and some you wouldn't...

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
What is the best way to clean mesh shoes like the Supalites ?
I find they pick up so much dust and look very shoddy very quickly
Good question. There are numerous ways to clean your shoes but we've found that using something like Vanish soap works really well with white mesh shoes like Superlites and FJ Flex. Give them a good scrub with the vanish soap, rinse, then repeat. Take the laces out and leave them in a bowl of cold water with a little bit of bleach overnight to get them looking like new. Use an old toothbrush and a bowl of soapy water to clean the outsoles. You could also scrub the shoes with a bit of stain-removal soap and then pop them in the washing machine for a quick, low-heat wash - or just a rinse and spin - but take caution if using this approach as we can't vouch for the performance of your washing machine. Hope this helps.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Hi I have wide feet and quite a high arch.
I have worn Footjoy for years with no problems.
But think the new Pro SL are narrower in the toe .
Have they changed the last they are made on.
Hi. The last used for Pro|SL has not changed but some people do find them quite narrow in the toe area. Shoes like Contour, Stratos and HyperFlex are a bit wider in the forefoot. We always recommend a proper shoe fitting with a PGA pro as it's important to get the fit and the feel right. Different models can have a different feel even if they are built on the same last and are in the same size. So as well as just getting measured for the right size it's important to try a few different models to get the feel that you are looking for.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
The
Love my white Pro SL’s but they are starting to look shabby. Quite tempted by the Pro SL carbon, but I hate the white sole against the black shoe. Can you do one with a black sole and call it something like Pro SL stealth??
2019 Pro|SL had a black option which had a black outsole but the overwhelming feedback from consumers was that they preferred the contrast with a white outsole. Clean up the white outsole with a bit of bleachy water and a toothbrush and you’ll have them looking much less shabby. Alternatively the Flex XP, Premiere Series Packard/Flint, Contour BOA and Tour X shoes are available in a stealthy all black style.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi. The last used for Pro|SL has not changed but some people do find them quite narrow in the toe area. Shoes like Contour, Stratos and HyperFlex are a bit wider in the forefoot. We always recommend a proper shoe fitting with a PGA pro as it's important to get the fit and the feel right. Different models can have a different feel even if they are built on the same last and are in the same size. So as well as just getting measured for the right size it's important to try a few different models to get the feel that you are looking for.
Yes had a brannock fitting and had size 9 left and 10 right so had a contour pair made up for me .
Fabulous shoes. Worth the bit extra to have them made for me.
Thanks.

JamesSavageFJ

Visit site
Which pro has had the most ‘out there’ or funky design for their Myjoys please? Mine are very modest compared to what we see the pros wear.

View attachment 37419
Bit of an on obvious answer but Ian Poulter has some of the more “out there” MyJoys in his locker. Many of the pros keep it subtle with some initials or their country’s flag on the heel. I’m not going to lie, we do see some pretty hideous designs coming through from golfers but that’s the beauty of MyJoys - there are no rules.

Boomy

Visit site
Bit of an on obvious answer but Ian Poulter has some of the more “out there” MyJoys in his locker. Many of the pros keep it subtle with some initials or their country’s flag on the heel. I’m not going to lie, we do see some pretty hideous designs coming through from golfers but that’s the beauty of MyJoys - there are no rules.

I suspected it might be Poulter ? Nothing wrong with a bit of flair and matchy matchy but yeah I bet there are some hideous colour clashes ? Cheers James

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Where do FJ feel they give back to the world of golf the most (e.g research on more environmental products, junior support), or is the focus on just producing the best products for golfers? Either answer is acceptable personally but just curious of the areas you don’t hear much about.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I like a traditional shoe design but you only seem to make those at the top end of your price range, are there any plans to make a more affordable shoe looking like the old Classic style?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I went on one of your footjoy days looking at the following years range.Shoes, shirts, the lot. It was a fantastic day up at Moortown I think it was.
Personally I think your Footjoy waterproof boots are the standout product. But the insole needs to be better re offering arch support. That said congrats on an excellent product.