Football League Thread 2017/2018

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't find a thread for this season in a search so thought I'd start one for those of us "real" football fans who support "proper" teams rather than those glory hunting trophy whores from the Premier League that make up an allegiance to a top club in the hope of getting some reflected glory :whistle::thup::D

Went down to see my first match of the season today after a last minute decision to take the boys down. Brilliant day out and a 5-1 win, 5 different scorers with 4 of our goals scored by players that had come through our youth teams and academy - now that's a successful academy that produces first team players rather than producing players that get sent out on loan or sold rather than playing for the club.

I thought the ref was awful (glad we won or this could have been seen as sour grapes) with almost every challenge resulting in a free kick. At one point I thought that tackling had been banned in League 2. The ref also appeared to have forgotten that he could play the advantage if the attacking team still had the ball and as for some of the things he let the defenders get away with (from our side as well as their's) was unbelievable. It seems that a defender putting a forward in a headlock at a corner was acceptable.

Got to love lower league football.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
First win of the season for Fulham and good to see Fonte get his first goal. I think he'll be a good signing for us. Onwards and upwards now. On a slightly different tack, have a mate who supports Kingstonian in the Bostik Premier (formerly Ryman) and they are ground sharing with Leatherhead. Seems very little warmth from the home fans to the K's fans although the 4-0 win for the tenants didn't help.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck to Gary Bowyer's team at Blackpool they have had a decent start back in Div 1, and good luck to Valeri Belekon in the High Court against the Oystons, I hope the award he wins will be enough drive the Os out of Bloomfield Road

We have lost players this summer to clubs like Bury (no offence to Bury) and I was listening to local radio tonight when one of the commentators said it is a shame that Blackpool cant spend money like most other clubs in the division Hmm and we still allegedly have over £20 million for when it is needed

Oyston Out!!

Ok early season rant over, I will revisit this thread when the odious family have left

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good luck to Gary Bowyer's team at Blackpool they have had a decent start back in Div 1, and good luck to Valeri Belekon in the High Court against the Oystons, I hope the award he wins will be enough drive the Os out of Bloomfield Road

We have lost players this summer to clubs like Bury (no offence to Bury) and I was listening to local radio tonight when one of the commentators said it is a shame that Blackpool cant spend money like most other clubs in the division Hmm and we still allegedly have over £20 million for when it is needed

Oyston Out!!

Ok early season rant over, I will revisit this thread when the odious family have left

Keep us updated on the ongoing soap opera. Interesting to hear the views of a loyal fan having to see their club torn apart but these evil owners who clearly have no interest in the fortune of the club on the pitch

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keep us updated on the ongoing soap opera. Interesting to hear the views of a loyal fan having to see their club torn apart but these evil owners who clearly have no interest in the fortune of the club on the pitch

Will do Homer, most fans are waiting for October when the courts finish the summer recess and the judgement in the Belekon v Oyston court case is handed down.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I think we might do ok again this season. New players look good, squad much stronger than last year, and haven't lost any key players. If we can get a top striker, I think we will at least make play offs. Fortunately all pundits, bookies etc are totally ignoring us in favour of the big boys, so under the radar again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Need a thread for proper football, non league is where it's at.

Got a lot of mates who watch nothing but non-league and are big Kingstonian fans. Lovely atmosphere usually (although I understand K's v Leatherhead at the weekend - tenants and landlords wasn't so nice). I have been to Aldershot, and want to go to Maidenhead for a conference game this season