Following on from "regional matches"

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Isn't Homer in Berkshire? I can see this getting out of hand....Office staff vs. Salesmen! Country Gents vs. Townies!!

Only kidding......sounds fun......helps the banter.

Alchemy (real golfer) vs. RGuk (not realgolfer)!! :)

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer, im your man, went to the range today and went mad to test my ankle out after a few days rest, my 8 iron was averaging 165, im ready! Shame it wasn't always straight.....

The blister is still kicking out a load of yellow crap (eeewwww) but with a load of padding I will be fine.

Kent Vs Surrey, bring it on!

Was thinking of doing a bigger version of this to win the finest Oxfam jacket and several pints of booze? (Diet coke etc for non drinkers) What you think?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah but Dave I was born in Carshalton (Surrey) so claiming it as my home county

Ah, so Homer, I was born in Guildford (Surrey) so claiming it as my home county...

Anyone in NW want to play for Surrey also!!!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm buggered then. I was born in Hong Kong!!

Is it you advertising golf websites with velly special kowloon chienglish?

Me likee new stick and satisfying equipments....

:)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah but Dave I was born in Carshalton (Surrey) so claiming it as my home county

I'm hedging my bets. Born in Croydon (Surrey), lived a couple of years in Carshalton but too young to remember, lived in Surrey 40 years plus and 20 plus years in Kent.

Does that make me a Surrey man, a man of Kent or a Kentish man?
:D :D

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the ball-retriever may be visiting my bag for the 1st time.

I will give you so much abuse if you bring that thing along with you! They are just plain wrong!

HTL is looking forward to removing shoes and socks and wading in to get the wet balls and cool down his blisters.... ;)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I think the ball-retriever may be visiting my bag for the 1st time.

I will give you so much abuse if you bring that thing along with you! They are just plain wrong!

HTL is looking forward to removing shoes and socks and wading in to get the wet balls and cool down his blisters.... ;)

Seeing as he took the pi$$ he isnt borrowing my ball-fetcher.

Do you know if homer is a bit of a water-baby? This matchplay pairs is going to be fun!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like water on a golf course, but it does look a silly amount at Lydd, still it cant be worse than the London club.

Forgot to as Leftie were he would have ranked the London club in his 140+ courses played.

Homer, water baby? Hope not! Neither of us have any water at our home tracks so we shall wait and see how we play.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you know if homer is a bit of a water-baby? This matchplay pairs is going to be fun!

No idea but we are going to find out :)

I've been analysing his swing that he posted a couple of weeks ago. I've got a couple of tips for him that I'll share on the day. There again he might retaliate and video mine and post it on the furum for disection but I don't care - at least I know what I'm doing wrong ;) ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm here and raring to go. We don't ahve any ponds on my course but several strategic ditches and environmental areas that need to be carried so I'm not going to be scared of a bit of aqua.

Leftie I'm sorry to say my impression of man trying to hit golf ball whilst suffering electric shock otherwise known as my normal swing is working perfectly well so any "advice" will fall on deaf ears and I'll be forced to get my camera out to record your efforts for public consumption

Jon, it does look a bloody hard course and I think it would probably give Princes a run for its money. I think its certainly not a grip it and rip it track.

HTL we don't need ball retrievers because a) we're too good to get wet and b) we are a team so if one man is in trouble the other will be there. I think Kent are like a US Ryder Cup side c2006 ok as individuals but not got that team ethic.

OK chaps enough banter and pre-match hostility. Time for a truce and the talking to stop and down to business on Saturday. I guess we can also do an individual points game too for HTL@s winning jacket etc. I really can't wait. The course is in SC, the shoes are cleaned, I've got my kit ready (red and black) and new balls in the bag. BRING IT ON