Florida school shooting

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right to bear arms :rolleyes:

Tragic again, brings back bad memories but the regularity of this sort of thing in America is so sad.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You do have to wonder what it would take to make America change its stance on gun control.
If 18 shootings in schools this year isn't doing it, what the hell will?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You do have to wonder what it would take to make America change its stance on gun control.
If 18 shootings in schools this year isn't doing it, what the hell will?

Nothing. Apparently the answer is more guns.

It's shameful, what you would expect in a lawless third world country.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
It's just the depressing familiarity of it all. You could literally cut and paste the responses/tweets/news report to this from the previous ones. And I know that there are massive cultural differences between us and the US when it comes to guns, but when you see people saying the answer to this is to arm teachers and have more armed guards in schools then you do despair a bit. It's as if they seem to have given up on any idea of restricting the access to assault weapons and want to recreate an old wild west shootout in schools.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many more of these need to happen before the US start to do something about it? Yet another teenager committing a mass atrocity with an AR-15. I sort of get the whole right to bear arms thing from a self defence perspective, but I don't understand how so many people with mental illnesses and that are on SSRI's seem to be able gain fairly easy access to a semi-automatic assault rifle. It's ludicrous. Why do civilian Americans need to own these guns?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
It amazes me as to how stupid the American Government are about gun laws. It's an absolute sham. With the Don in charge this situation is not going to change and these sorts of attack will continue.

18!! This year? 18!!! What the actual?

This sort of thing happens once in a blue moon over here and even then we all look back with huge amounts of sadness and regret and then actions are taken to tighten the ownership laws (although I know this won't stop an attack it massively reduces the potential).

I honestly don't understand how any parent can send their kids off to school without a small amount of fear.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
DWDnZAsXUAAWU3S.jpg

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s all about the money - the government , senators etc won’t change a thing because the gun companies “donate” millions each year - it’s a billion dollar business that has too much power and no one has the balls or backing to stand up to it and change it. No one is surprised anymore when it happens and each time it does a portion of the blame is at the country itself and the way the “right to bear arms” has such a big say in the country. Feel sorry for the people in the country that suffer these loses - hopefully they will start to do something about it but I don’t expect so

D

Deleted member 17920

18th this year in a school.

Just shocking, Will the USA ever totally wake up to the crazy gun laws they have.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A senator has said that it is no coincidence that the shootings do not happen any where else in the world.
There was a statistic out after the Las Vegas Shootings that there are more mass Shootings In America each year than there are are servicemen killed. How's that right, what kind of free world is America trying to save or create.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Live by the gun, die by the gun

Very strange that so many of these shootings effect the young throughout the years. You'd have thought by now that they would have grown up to insist that a serious review of the gun laws was introduced. You can blame the senators as much as your like but if the action doesn't come from the people nothing will happen.

I have two mate who lives in Florida and even trying to argue with a Brit over there that people only carry weapons because they intend to use them gets you know where.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another sad aspect of this, apart from the obvious, is that today will see a spike in gun sales in the US. The answer to them is for more people to arm themselves. On and on it goes.